Some words to live by!

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My buddy Aj is going to dallas tommorrow to pick up his 01 diablo..gorgeous car..As some of you know I have been on a search for a countach..We'll I think I have found her..AJ will let me know tommorrow when he sees pics of it and gets service records..88.5 BLK on Blk..Euro bumpers..VERY HOT..anyway here is my philosophy for the day...

"one dlm viper and one lambo would last me a lifetime" - adam96

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My buddy Aj is going to dallas tommorrow to pick up his 01 diablo..gorgeous car..As some of you know I have been on a search for a countach..We'll I think I have found her..AJ will let me know tommorrow when he sees pics of it and gets service records..88.5 BLK on Blk..Euro bumpers..VERY HOT..anyway here is my philosophy for the day...

I like your slogan,I hope we can pull it off.But then again,I dont know if you have heard that I'm an "IGNORAMUS".Didnt the Three Stooges used to use that?

Donzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own my 97 GTS free and clear. (finally) It is mint perfect and stock with 14K miles.
I owned an 85 Countach Euro version Carburated QuatroValve
(Pretty rare in the US) I got it in just before the EPA closed the exemption in Dec. of 88. It was cool but the fit and finish, handling, and maintinance was all rough.
OK, here is my question.....would I be a ******* to sell the Viper and get a 93-95 Diablo ( I would have to finance the difference and have a monthly payment??)

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I own my 97 GTS free and clear. (finally) It is mint perfect and stock with 14K miles.
I owned an 85 Countach Euro version Carburated QuatroValve
(Pretty rare in the US) I got it in just before the EPA closed the exemption in Dec. of 88. It was cool but the fit and finish, handling, and maintinance was all rough.
OK, here is my question.....would I be a ******* to sell the Viper and get a 93-95 Diablo ( I would have to finance the difference and have a monthly payment??)

Yes,probably.The viper offers superior performance to most Diablos,except top end,and then you have the service costs,cost of driving,etc.If the "WOW" factor is your aim,the diablo any year is unbeatable.

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam,

Our tastes in cars run very similar. Last year I spent a bit of time looking for a nice Countach to no avail. I flew to several places to look at some Lambo's and they were either junk or they were very pricey. I've been trying to hold off on the Lambo in hopes that D.C. will introduce the Comp Coupe for the street because I would love to have one. But, If we don't hear some news pretty soon I may have to follow your lead and opt for a Countach. I know that our Vipers are much better cars as far as drive-ability and live-ability go, but I still think that the Lambo is one of the most gorgeous cars ever built and I NEED one. Good luck in your search.

Doc

OP
OP
B

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I like your slogan,I hope we can pull it off.But then again,I dont know if you have heard that I'm an "IGNORAMUS".Didnt the Three Stooges used to use that?

[/QUOTE]

AJ if your an ignoramus then I want to be like you...lol

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RavenFan 94, Ditto on the hero thing!
Adam, your Jones'n for a car huh? HP Withdraw!

Andy

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey adam, does anyone make CF for the interior pieces of a
Countach? I KNOW you'll be keeping them rolling in the cash! LOL!!!!!!

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam,

Our tastes in cars run very similar. Last year I spent a bit of time looking for a nice Countach to no avail. I flew to several places to look at some Lambo's and they were either junk or they were very pricey. I've been trying to hold off on the Lambo in hopes that D.C. will introduce the Comp Coupe for the street because I would love to have one. But, If we don't hear some news pretty soon I may have to follow your lead and opt for a Countach. I know that our Vipers are much better cars as far as drive-ability and live-ability go, but I still think that the Lambo is one of the most gorgeous cars ever built and I NEED one. Good luck in your search.

Doc

I definitely disagree that the Viper is better driveability wise.My Diablo is much easier to drive than my Viper,handles better,stops better,gets better gas mileage,and even faster than a stock Viper.Live-ability is another story as I do worry about the car when its parked places.

Joe

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TT,
I was speaking specifically about the Countach not the Diablo. I've driven several Countaches and they were harder for me to drive than my Vipers. However, I did not own any of the Lambo's that I drove so maybe I just wasn't accustomed to the cars. At any rate, Since you do own a Lambo you are much more qualified to judge the drive-ability than I am. I bow to your superior knowledge.

Doc

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha tahnks,Yea the Countach is extremely hard to drive from what Ive been told.They also have some electrical gremlins to work out.I wasnt trying to sound authoritative(sp) just trying to state some facts so his dream wasnt clouded.He was talking of a 93-95 Diablo.

Joe