Somebody Has To Know Something About This Car

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own GTS #12 and obtained the original Michigan title number from Carfax. I went to the State of Michigan and they told me they did not have records that far back and even if they did, they would be protected under the privacy act. This is the same with maintenance records from Dodge. They will give you information on warranty work, but no information on work paid for by the customer. The original owner name is most likely in the Dodge service history, but I cannot get it.

I have verified the car was a pre-production 1996 as the first car sent to a dealership for sale was #18. Jon B and Maurice Lang both have a list of the original Chrysler execs who got the 96 GTS preproduction cars, but Maurice said #12 is missing for some reason on his list.

I bought this car from the second owner, Jeff Detweiler in Farmington Hills, MI in July of 2008. He had bought the car on 8/13/04 from a Chrysler Dealer in Southfield, MI where the original owner had it consigned for sale. According to Chrysler, the car was originally delivered to Bloomfield Dodge in Bloomfield, MI.

If anyone has any information o the original owner of this car, or how I may be able to locate this information, please let me know. I would just like to know the car's complete history. There has to be a story behind this car! It had to be either an exec car or an early promotion car.

The car was apparantly taken to the VOI in Orlando in 1997 as it has a license plate frame and a "Shake Rumble and Roll" sticker from this event on the dashboard.

Somebody out there knows this car and has access to information about the original owner? PM me if you know anything.

Thanks!

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why don't you just go back to the dealer in Southfield where the original owner as you said, consigned it? They would have records for sure of who they wrote a check to. It has only been 5 years, and for tax reasons I believe all financial records are kept for 7 years.