Someone help me - a few Tire Questions

ChrisXoxide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need new tires because my Pilots are flush with the wear bar at the center tread.

I'm only 20 years old and I don't track my car, so performance isn't all so important so I was just going to get more Pilots. The prices on these were like 200$ a month ago, and I didn't get them at that point, not realizing that the prices would go up. The problem is, they went up DRASTICALLY, they are 375 a piece of tire rack now. Does anyone know a place to get a pair of these 335s rears for a reasonable price?

Also, as far as Kumho or other brands, where can I buy them and whats a good price?

Thanks guys,

-Chris

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, I just got a complete set of Pilots from JonB at Partsrack. With shippping and tax it was right at $1,300.00.

OP
OP
C

ChrisXoxide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1300 sounds high to me for a complete set.

I only need the two rears, and I was aiming 400-500 $...

I definately have seen these tires NEW for under 200 a piece, only a month ago...

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you see a price like $200 jump on it and put them away, you'll need them some day. Don't forget to check the manufacture date. It's a priceless car, don't cut corners on tires, they're way too important.

Did Khumo fire up the 335 molds? Cool, I remember back in the day I heard they had them but they were over in Asia with no plans for production.

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you see a price like $200 jump on it and put them away, you'll need them some day. Don't forget to check the manufacture date. It's a priceless car, don't cut corners on tires, they're way too important.

Did Khumo fire up the 335 molds? Cool, I remember back in the day I heard they had them but they were over in Asia with no plans for production.

Like Paul said above if you can find the for $200 each buy them, you will need them. Now Dunlops will run about 200 each but are not as good as the Michelin's.

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chedk with J.D. Farmer at Marietta Dodge 770-424-6580. He may still have two full sets of PS 18" rears that have 75% tread and were tracked three weekends last year. He should be able to give you a great price plus shipping.

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rears were cheap because Chrysler had moved to a 19" rear on the SRT10, thus there was a glut of 18" rears. That glut has since balanced out, and the days of $350 for a set of rears are now behind us.

Tirerack/partsrack are usually going to be among the lowest prices you'll find on new tires.

Kumhos are not an option for you because you have 18" wheels- Kumhos only come in 17".

Sounds like you have to just bite the bullet and get new ones. Gotsta pay the cost to be tha boss. :)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PartsRack is ALWAYS lower than TireRack. AND NO SALES TAX !!!!
Example: 18" rears at TireRack are now at $374. PartsRack is $229 !

Thanks for the referrals guys.... we also have used / takeoff tires.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I only need the two rears, and I was aiming 400-500 $...

PartsRack will provide you brand new 18" Sport C-1s at $449 the pair. TireRack is $748 / the pair.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4