Sound system question

edretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally like a good sound system and it was something that could not be easily attained with an RT/10. Only thing I hated about that car is that I couldn't get any bass out of it. I just bought Big Carrots SRT and I want to upgrade the sound system right away. Am I going to be in the same boat as the RT/10? Anyone else beef up there system and happy with it? I want good bass.

Thanks

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard one of the ways is a floor enclosure on the passenger side footwell. Not a big deal as long as you don't have frequent long legged passengers. The other option is a high cost replacement of the rear console T and have something custom done. Depends on your budget.

Tico

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My sound system died two days ago (after 45 days of ownership). Radio won't turn on. Today the dealership checked it and since it's not a fuse they claim they have to order a new radio - which will take about a week. Wonder if it would be worth upgrading to the RB1, but since the Viper sound system isn't all that great anyway I'll probably just stick with the stock system and save $1,500.00.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wonder if it would be worth upgrading to the RB1, but since the Viper sound system isn't all that great anyway I'll probably just stick with the stock system and save $1,500.00.

Sorry to hear- the RBQ's seem to have issues with failing... this is the 7th or 8th I have heard of. On a side note, I can get you a NEW RB-1 for 1415.00 to your door... just something to consider. I have not had a complaint about the RB-1 yet... and everyone seems to agree the system does sound better with the RB1 than the RBQ.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to mention the interior starts looking a lot better with a screen in there!

OP
OP
E

edretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'll definitely be going with a Kenwood dvd/pop up screen with Nav. I just want some thump with it. :headbang:

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Eddie, you got (stole) one fine car ........ :2tu: :2tu:
I have been trying to solve the bass issue for a while, let us know if you come up with something...

viking

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never thought the stock system was loud enough and it distorted at 80% volume. Went with Alpine 450W five channel amp in the trunk, focal speakers, JL subwoofer, Pioneer AVIC N2, and a Pioneer 12 CD changer. Now the car is dangerously loud and has a rear view camera. The camera is absurd but is always a hit with passengers. I may go with the subwoofer enclosure on the passenger side but for now I like the very long footwell. Whole cost was 5K including install.

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never thought the stock system was loud enough and it distorted at 80% volume. Went with Alpine 450W five channel amp in the trunk, focal speakers, JL subwoofer, Pioneer AVIC N2, and a Pioneer 12 CD changer. Now the car is dangerously loud and has a rear view camera. The camera is absurd but is always a hit with passengers. I may go with the subwoofer enclosure on the passenger side but for now I like the very long footwell. Whole cost was 5K including install.

pics please? :laugh:

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I tried to "upgrade" the sound in my GTS, But because of the way the Alpine amp is set up, You basically Have to start from scratch, and build it from the ground up........I'm staying stock with the SRT (for now) because I drive 90% top down.........

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

"Never thought the stock system was loud enough and it distorted at 80% volume. Went with Alpine 450W five channel amp in the trunk, focal speakers, JL subwoofer, Pioneer AVIC N2, and a Pioneer 12 CD changer. Now the car is dangerously loud and has a rear view camera. The camera is absurd but is always a hit with passengers. I may go with the subwoofer enclosure on the passenger side but for now I like the very long footwell. Whole cost was 5K including install."

pics please

I have similar set up, but using kenwood unit.
2 Amps (800 watts) in trunk
You must be registered for see images

10 inch sub in the passengar side

R-Camera is a must...It helps when backing up and records wins....

Head unit(not a pop up)

It will play almost all formats

navi dvd under driver seat, 6 cd changer behind the seat

OP
OP
E

edretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks awesome, but does it thump??? Also is your sub on the pass floor or just in the rear console?

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Also is your sub on the pass floor or just in the rear console?"
10 inch sub in pass floor, It sounds better after the hard top install. :cool:

"But where do you put the golf clubs? "
The amp box is in the same level as the battery, little space lost. :laugh:

Mach10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DAMN!!!! Nice system... The kenwood deck looks like the touchscreen i have in my Audi,, Nice touch!!! :2tu: