Souteast Zone Rendezvous a huge success!

Surly 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone who attended the Zone Rendezvous this weekend, what a great time! :headbang: A special thanks goes out to Wendy and Joseph Dell along with all of our sponsors for making this thing happen!!

Although mother nature influenced the Atlanta Dragway to shut her doors for our friday night at the drags event, the adrenalin junkies still were able to get their "fix" on Saturday at Road Atlanta!! It didn't matter what event you were participating in; the SRT-10 Auto-cross, the Slalom exercise, the Lane change exercise or the ever popular SRT-4 Skid Pad, ear to ear grins were seen everywhere! Some of the highlights were: rain slicked auto cross conditions causing meny spin outs off the coarse, burnout contests that were not part of the regular schedule, over-powering the Slalom Event and viper-ing right into the porta-*****, a special "lead - follow" session on the beautiful Road Atlanta course courtesy of Panoz.

The day of fun at the track was followed by an awsome reception dinner at the beautiful Chateau Elan Resort. Dinner was followed by the awards ceremony, a raffle with many great items and an auction where some lucky guy took home an RSI provided Twin-Turbo setup including installation for a song! (Thanks Jason and RSI) The after dinner party was pretty crazy as well with many guests trying their skills on the wild bull and mini go cart track with one guy even inventing his own auto-cross track within the hotel halls! :shocked:

Thank you again to all who came for all the great memories and laughs!! :2tu:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a great time !!!!! Big thanks to JD and Wendy.

RSI really stepped up....they donated an installed twin turbo setup that was auctioned off. Maybe the SRT owner (JM) will speak up here....he will be one happy camper with that set up.
Thanks Jason, Gerald and RSI.

Also congrats to Surly 1........he was the quickest man in the autocross. Due to various track conditons (rain or not) different groups had better or worse conditions. They had the top 2 from each group (3 from one group due to a tie) do a nine man shootout. Surly 1 was the top dog and I was in my usual 1st loser spot. The two of us will team with the other zone winners to kick the PVO teams butt in Detroit come October.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That RSI TT set up went for ~17k in KC. What did it go for down there? Just curious, our ZR is in just over a month ;)

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Joe, Wendy and Kim for making this such a good event for my wife and me!

Many of you know one of the reasons we came to the event was to sell the Yellow Fever well the Yellow Fever is "NOT FOR SALE" anymore, sorry guys for those of you interested. I remembered one of the reason I purchased it, I did not even think about work or running a business at all on Saturday other than a little idle chatter with a couple of Viper Friends.

Luck would have it that when we drew for the final elimination for the autocross who got their name drawn first me I never have gotten my name drawn first for anything when it counted, I guess the steady rain helped. Guys I have not driven an autocross since Nashville at VOI, heck I have not been to a Viper Days, VOI or any Viper Event in over two years, I am sure glad I went this time, going to change that. I will be ready next time! It was great competition and the conditions allowed me to work on some new skills, "drifting". Dave and Tony make us proud!

My luck is going so well after pulling my name from the hat first I am going to purchase a "Copper" Viper raffle ticket in the am. I have done this some many times with no luck it may just be my turn!

It was great making some new friends and seeing some old ones that I have not seen in a while!

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pictures From the SE Event!!!

Did anyone take any they would be willing to share with me. I did not get my camera out one time with all the rain. I would apprecite you sending them to me at [email protected].

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luck would have it that when we drew for the final elimination for the autocross who got their name drawn first me I never have gotten my name drawn first for anything when it counted, I guess the steady rain helped.

And note to everyone reading....that was the WORST draw. It had quit raining but the course was very wet so each pass made it a little better. What luck to finally have your name drawn first :2tu:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pics will be posted by the photographer shortly... I'll post a link.

Big thanks to everyone who attended and a huge congratulations to Tony and Dave for sweeping the AutoX competition!

JD

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Joesph and Wendy for all your work ......

it was way to much fun.

Cudaman :usa:

rebelsurveyor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many thanks to Wendy and Joseph Dell, Kim Vogt and of course, Dodge for letting us beat the crap out of some nice SRT-4s and SRT-10s. It was great to meet a lot of new Viper owners and spend time at one of the finest tracks in the US.
Thanks everyone!
Susan & Evan Castle