SOUTHWEST ZONE RENDEZVOUS June 24 - 26!

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forget how long it takes to get there from here but I think I could leave friday morning. Speaking of the drag strip, thats what I plan on doing. Hopefully I'm not asking too many questions or maybe this will be posted but where will we be departing from...the hotels? Just trying to make sure I'm where I'm supposed to be when I'm supposed to be there :) Can you tell I'm a little anxious?

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Feel free to ask as many questions as you like! We are planning to leave from the Great Wolf Lodge for the drag strip at around 5:00 that afternoon. We will also leave printed directions/maps for everybody at the registration area so that anybody that wants to go to the drag strip can come anytime they like.

Besides the drag strip (which is an exciting four lane country highway away), everything else for the Rendezvous is within a mile of the host hotels. Food, shopping, baseball, Woodlands Race Track (dogs & horses), and the Kansas Speedway. Should be perfect!

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, the phone number for the Hampton Inn is wrong on the registration form: the correct number is 913-328-1400

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, the phone number for the Hampton Inn is wrong on the registration form: the correct number is 913-328-1400

Yep, unfortunately when I sent the CORRECT numbers to JR Thompson in Detroit, they revised both of them for some reason and made them BOTH wrong on the sent invitations. I corrected the Great Wolf Lodge (which they listed with the Hampton Inn's number), and thought the Hampton Inn was correct. Sigh...

Both numbers are now correct on the on line registration form:

http://kansascityvca.com/swzr.pdf

Sorry for the confusion!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the Southwest Viper Zone Rendezvous very quickly approaching, I wanted to let everyone know about an incredible addition. The folks at Racing Solutions, Inc. (RSI), one of the premiere Viper tuners on the planet, is making a HUGE donation for our raffle/auction: RSI is offering a COMPLETE Twin Turbo package for any Gen II or Gen III Viper, including installation!

This package makes an incredible 800 horsepower (700 RWHP) and retails for $24,900.00. We will be offering this package at the Southwest Rendezvous either through a raffle or our dinner auction on Saturday night. Here is what the system looks like:

The SRT-10 TT 800:

You must be registered for see images

And the Gen 2 TT 800:

You must be registered for see images

If you haven't already registered for the Southwest Zone Rendezvous coming up June 24 - 26, now is your chance. We have extended the deadline and still have a few NASCAR packages available. There will be even more vendors that will be on display, including Racing Solutions with a Twin Turbo Viper. You can download the registration form here:

http://kansascityvca.com/swzr.pdf (requires free Adobe Acrobat Reader)

Be sure to get registered ASAP, as this may be your best chance ever to make your car one of the fastest on the planet and save a few bucks along the way. Our heartfelt thanks to Gerald and the folks at Racing Solutions for this incredible opportunity. We look forward to seeing everybody next week!

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, is there still room for me? The past two weeks have been not very good. My partners' wife had a seizure and was found to have a malignant brain tumor. My scheduling is somewhat up in the air but I may make it to KC as a last minute option. Bob

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I am VERY sorry to hear about that. With her excellent connections in the medical field I am sure she will have the very best treatment available.

As for the Rendezvous, we have been holding a spot just for you and would be delighted to have you join us. Sounds like you could use a pleasant distraction at this point and we are happy to oblige.

Best wishes to your partner's wife.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time for a coin flip....Telluride and 70/50 degree weather or haul a** for KC tomorrow. Can I sign up at the event if I come? Will email you tomorrow Chris. Bob

imbendenton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, uh, are non-VCA members allowed to spectate at the Saturday event at the Speedway? Just wondering if I happen to be in town and looking for something to do with some buddies.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone get any pictures?? I'm surprised chris hasn't posted anything yet! Who won the RSI TT setup?? I want it :eek: :smirk:
Ricky