Speaker Problem

viperjer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any one having or had problems with the top speaker between the seats buzzing? I think it's the top speaker. Is it possible to blow that speaker with the factory installed system. I have a Corsa Trac exhaust and I might have turned it up to loud. I didn't think so though.
Thanks Jerry

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. The speaker is probably blown. I plan on taking it in to the dealership for a warranty fix.

OP
OP
V

viperjer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's Blown
I wonder if they make something better that would work. My exhaust is really loud. I may be turning it up to loud.
Thanks

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are the gen III factory speakers made of paper like our gen II cars were? if they are, an aftermarket upgrade might be in order. made a huge difference in my gen II car.

OP
OP
V

viperjer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are the gen III factory speakers made of paper like our gen II cars were? if they are, an aftermarket upgrade might be in order. made a huge difference in my gen II car.
Come to think about it, I had to replace the speakers in my 01 GTS
I had better look for a better speaker

Good Idea

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW..I have an '06 and had the exact same problem this past weekend. I realized that it only rattles when I am accelerating. I also have the corsa track exhaust. I don't know if the speaker is actually blown, but either way I still am thinking about aftermarket speakers and radio.

OP
OP
V

viperjer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW..I have an '06 and had the exact same problem this past weekend. I realized that it only rattles when I am accelerating. I also have the corsa track exhaust. I don't know if the speaker is actually blown, but either way I still am thinking about aftermarket speakers and radio.
Mine rattles so bad I don't want to turn on the radio. If you find a speaker that work let me know.
Thanks Jer