speedo question

Reaction score
My speedometer just stopped working yesterday.Checked plugs going into tranny,they seemed fine.Looked under dash,wasnt easy,cant really see back of speedo.I did see a green wire hanging next to computer,is that normal or could that possibly be my problem?Any help would be appreciated

Johann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe the loose green wire is from the entry module, it's used to program the key fob.
I'd think the speed sensor on the transmision is the most likely culprit for the inop speedo but you need a scan tool (DRB) to test it.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same problem on a 95 but mine goes on and off at random...doesn't appear to be affected by bumps or temperature, strange. I replaced the speed sensor which didn't work so I'm having it checked next Sunday. You need to remove large bottom trans plate. Check wiring over trans going from speed sensor. There was a TSB on these rubbing on the trans and fraying. Might have happened with yours. Then you need to test between sensor and pcm and then pcm to speedo. You'll narrow down the problem then.