Splitter Rivets

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know the brand and part number for the two end rivets on the splitter? I had to replace my splitter but can't find the rivets that are on either end. They secure the splitter to the bottom of the front fenders. I know I can probably put a bolt on it but I would like it to look factory.

Reaction score
Any body shop will have black blind rivots, take an old one in and match it. The factory one is probably 500% more then them.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Here is another source for those rivnuts: http://www.mcmaster.com/#

I used stainless steel button head screws with SS washers and locking nuts.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they are the uber special aluminum 1/4 inch ones, so they will collapse and not crush the urethane bumper when the POP!

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know the brand and part number for the two end rivets on the splitter? I had to replace my splitter but can't find the rivets that are on either end. They secure the splitter to the bottom of the front fenders. I know I can probably put a bolt on it but I would like it to look factory.

Sorry George, I just saw this.
Send me your address and I'll get some to you right away along with info to get more.
Damn, I had the rivets and the rivet gun in my trailer at Hastings too...

Before...
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

After....

Attachments

• IMG_2046.jpg
    IMG_2046.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 29

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is the right way but if you ever have to remove the splitter= new rivets. PITA! I use Phillips screws with a clip nut.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is the right way but if you ever have to remove the splitter= new rivets. PITA! I use Phillips screws with a clip nut.

The center pin is aluminum. Easy to remove with a small drill bit or a hammer and chisel (screwdriver) works too.

I got an air powered rivet gun from HF for $50 that I keep in the shop and a manual gun that I keep in the trailer.

The 1/4 inch rivets also work great for attaching ACR-X canards as well as rear diffuser fins. I'm tempted to use them to attach the
botton side of side sills as well as the fender skirts to fenders. Those "Loctite'd" screws seem to disappear.

I think Summit has the rivets in various colors too...

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACRX cars use a bolt and lock nut in that area. Makes it much easier to service the front of the car. i would look into that before putting the rivets back in.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte