Sprayed, Stroked and Blown

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bigbadcj, that was my RSI Viper at the mile shoot-out. I ran 190.1 in the standing mile with a 3.33 gear. I actually ran out of gear 300 ft from the finish line. On the second pass, my STOCK clutch started to slip in third/fourth, so I was done. Nothing went bam.. My car has a 510 pump fuel motor and it's the fastest all motor Viper period. [email protected]/">[email protected]/</a> <a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a> last week at the V10 Nationals. My car is a all motor car, no NOS or Blower. I have had no issues with my modified Vipers at all, love them all. I drive the RSI yellow GTS, stroked w/NOS, <a href="mailto:9.45@152.. The guys at RSI do alot of track/street testing to make sure their cars stay together. If you go to the wrong tuner, then you might have some issues, but these guys know how build Vipers..

SW

[/QUOTE]

i have it on video somewhere it was an awesome pass, im not putting down rsi. im just saying you cant stroke,blow and spray. you can, but its not gonna last, it never does, its gonna go wham break. and unless you can fix it in your garage id leave it alone especially on an 04. been there done that. you have only given me examples of a 1. all motor and 2. stroked with nos? wheres the blower? go ahead and bolt that sucker on then post the next day. rsi does awesome work,but no tuner is wham break proof.

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out www.sorcrace.com for the details on the one-mile shootout. Next year will be a BIG Viper turn out. Seems everyone has a 'secret' weapon planned for the next race. Even REAL GTS-R's for the road course portion. And of course Turbos, nitrous, blowers, automatics, ram-jet propulsion.... the works for the mile shootout. ;)

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not go twin turbos instead of the supercharge and leave out the nos? I would get a little nervouse with NOS and a stroked, supercharged motor, but if anyone can do it the guys at RSI can. There stuff holds up!!

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BIGBAD CJ
I believe there are several sprayed and stroked and Blown Vipers out there. I know that DLM has NOS and Blower Combo's (See ben Tryenor) others as well that are not active on this board.

RSI builds a strong product as well. If Gerald Builds it he will make sure it is right. I don't think it will be a nightmare at all. Just make the car more enjoyable!

OP
OP
G
Reaction score
I didn't want to do the turbo because of the possible heat factor, I have been in touch with RSI and we are on the same page, the NOS will be shut off at 4300ish rpms.

I have had fast stuff before with no failures. I had a 600hp diesel truck no problems with the motor, a couple of trannys but no motor problems. My fun Boat at the river would go over 140, my drag boat 171.76(prostock motor)anyways, I really think its my worries. And I am not worried.

Again thanks for your concerns BBCJ.

Happy Holidays to all.

updates:

1.intercooler instead of aftercooler which will still be cooled if needed by the second bottle of NOS

2.custom belt tensioner by RSI

3.custom pulleys are being made

4.can't tell, I would have to kill ya, :D

Thax Doc,,,,,,,,,,,

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Gary

Do you know if they sell the blower in a kit form for the srt? Its kinda costly to ship a car from ny and back. I know westcoast viper sells it for a srt but not as a kit.

thnaks
d

OP
OP
G
Reaction score
VD, with a couple hundred grand in Toys I think You could afford the shipping, I would personally send it to RSI, ask for Jason at RSI if they have a kit yet,,,,need to remember I'm the first one doing this at RSI.

Steve, thanks, I'll keep a look out, lol.......

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gary
Your very lucky to live near a good tuner (wish I did) but I have heard nightmare stories about shipping a car like the srt (should be shipped only in enclosed trailer about $3000) I would rather spend $3000 on rollbar or exhaust than shipping. Also if there is any retuning or adjustments I am s o l. Also 1 week there and 1 week back I would be too woried.

thanks for keeping a eye out on the kit. Wish I was closer.

Mike
Thanks as well
I called paxton today and spoke to the r&d dept. about a 03-04 kit they said they will be puting out a kit soon (3-6 months) with simular %hp gains and price as the gen 2 kit.

Vd is catchy ......lol

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont see how gary lives near rsi? he lives in indy. rsi is in houston. please viper d why dont u explain it to me.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
bbcj
He lives alot closer than me. But what differance does it make. Do you know any good tuners close to ny?? I know jason heffner is like 5 or 7 hours away. please let me know

thanks

vd..

kenvw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
DEE - Jason is one of the best and he is working on my car right now. I live in Lexington, Ky and the round trip shipping charge was only $1500 (covered unit by Intercity).
He is putting in a TT setup. It is costly but I think many will agree it is one great way of getting extra power. A 5-6 hour drive doesn't seem far so if you are serious give him a call I am sure he would be willing to rid you of some that hard earned cash(lol).
Ken

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ken,

Don't forget the excellent transport service you got from me!! hahahaha! :2tu:

kenvw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gary,
That was absolutley the best service hands down. Really thanks again for bringing the Viper up here. I think Jason might have another trip lined up (ask him about the new destination). Hope to be in MD in the next few weeks to meet up with Jason maybe you will be around the same time and I can take you guys out to lunch?

Ken

426Hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems to be alot more Vipers in MD than I realized. Guess this year's nearly constant rain kept everybody at home.

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why do you need toshut off the nitrous at 4300 rpm?
would you spray in all gears and at what rpm range for each if there was a varience

OP
OP
G
Reaction score
Varanus, the timing of NOS is yet to be seen, the Paxton needs a little help because the Paxton works harder at higher rpms....I want this deal to be semi controllable, We are also doing mods to the suspension(shocks) to make it hook up better and maybe paying with pinion angles, more power can be made with less pinion angle,,,,, OK, time for me to ****..........

talk to Gerald a couple days ago and we might do a 4 speed auto,,,,,MIGHT

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery