Squeaky Clutch Pedal

TriJim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Team,

I'm driving a Final Edition with less than 500 miles and the clutch pedal squeaks every time I release the clutch. I've already been under the dash with a can of WD-40, but haven't found the source. Before I take it in for such a small problem, wondered if anyone else has encountered this with a new Viper and tips to eliminate -- I know only a squeak, but you know how these can be aggravating. Thanks.
smile.gif

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
mine never went away completely. came and went...weather (humidity) depending. the SRT just started doing it too around 1000 miles...but not nearly as loud. only audible when engine is not running.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There is a small poly bushing in the pedal assembly by where the clutch meets up to the assembly.

It's a very small flimsey piece and to be honest with you, it's a poor cheap design. Even on new pedal assemblys there is a little play side to side on the clutch pedal. I have a fix for this and that is to remove the assembly, take out the retaining clip and then thread the bolt or whatever it's called that goes through the brake and clutch arms and tighten it down with a nut. NO more pedal movement back and forth and the clutch feels stiff.

If you saw the retaining clip you would think it was junk the way it was put togehter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960