Squeeking noise when going over bumps?

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was driving it yesterday and all of a sudden I noticed the car started making a squeeking sound from what sounds like the front passenger side, whenever I hit a bump in the road. Sounds just like the noise a bed would make when your... well, ya know. ;)

What could be causing this? Shock? Bushing?

Looking to get some suggestions so I know where to start looking on Monday when I get some time with it.

Thanks,

-Kyle

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be a dry control arm bushing or shock mount. Pull the wheel and hose everything with a PTFE lubricant or silicone spray. Give it a while to work in - driving over your bumps will help that.

OP
OP
D

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be a dry control arm bushing or shock mount. Pull the wheel and hose everything with a PTFE lubricant or silicone spray. Give it a while to work in - driving over your bumps will help that.

Sounds good. I'll be sure to do that.

Could changing the springs to Eibachs have affected this? If so, would this lower the amount of possibilities that could be stemming the problem?

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"all of a sudden" OR "changing the springs to Eibachs" ...:dunno:

Would help for sure whether you worked on the car and got the noise OR not ...:cool:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Changing the suspension setting - your lowering springs - would have made a slight change in the location of where the bushing operates in respect to all of the other parts. Could be responsible, could not be.

Pulling the wheel is the hard part. Hosing everything in sight once under there is gravy. Just keep the spray off the brakes.

OP
OP
D

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"all of a sudden" OR "changing the springs to Eibachs" ...:dunno:

Would help for sure whether you worked on the car and got the noise OR not ...:cool:

It was an all of a sudden. I have put about 200 miles on the Eibachs without the noise.

Changing the suspension setting - your lowering springs - would have made a slight change in the location of where the bushing operates in respect to all of the other parts. Could be responsible, could not be.

Pulling the wheel is the hard part. Hosing everything in sight once under there is gravy. Just keep the spray off the brakes.

If pulling the wheel is the hardest part, then this is certainly the first thing I'm going to try ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang