SRT-10 Heat Issue

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have read several stories, here and in Magazines about the "Heat" issue with the new Viper. Now I would like comments on the following questions.
1. After all the testing that has been done on that car why, at this late date, are they just addressing the "Heat" problem? To my way of thinking they should have had that enginered out by the time they released the cars to the Magazines for testing the car.
2. It has been stated here that Dodge has already built X numbers of the SRT10 and they are sitting in the shipping area waiting to go. These cars were made earlier so does that imply that these cars may NOT have the heat problem fixed?
Will there have to be some type of "retro fit". From what I have read, fixing the heat problem is not going to be a simple matter after the car is built. What do you think?? Fred

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
This has been discussed previously, and PVO was quite detailed in their response.... the synopsis? "The issue" is a NON-issue! All SRT-10's will have the appropriate insulation. Yes, Team Viper knew about the non-finalized test mules having this issue, it was clearly explained to the press, yet unfortunately, many writers decided that it was funnier to discuss a "non-issue" than to discuss the fact that the SRT-10 ran 0-60 in under 4 seconds! AND whipped the Z06's butt by over .3 seconds on the 1/4 mile by their obviously inexperienced drivers!

OFFICIAL PVO Q&A:
Q: I have a 2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 on order. I'm concerned about reports of excessive heat in the cabin and heat at the door sills..Have you addressed these issues for production vehicles, and if so, how?

A: The complaints that have been aired regarding heat in the cabin and at the door sills were all from pre-production prototypes. We were clear with the media who drove the cars that these issues would be resolved by the start of production. Not all media reported this, while others dismissed the claim. The car you drove at VOI was a pre-production unit with partial thermal insulation upgrade. PVO engineers have fully addressed the problem for production. We essentially closed off/insulated the areas where heat was entering the cabin. Keep in mind that any time there's a 500 horsepower V-10 in front of you and a side-exhaust system encircling you, you will experience some heat. But it will be much less noticeable than on the previous-generation Viper and the pre-production Viper SRT-10s you've been hearing about. Don't believe everything you read. The egg photo was a staged gag.

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe, you mean we can't use it for our grille at the next VCA cookout here in Central Florida? Darn!!! Just kidding. Thanks for the info. Lots of chatter about the heat issue. I am glad to hear it was a non issue on production cars to be sold and only on the press cars built early on. Any update on shipping the first 100 red SRT 10's??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang