SRT-10 on TV this week

Guibo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 shows:

First (and already run today for the first time) is a short review on the German television program Auto Motor und Sport. It is in English. This is broadcast on most PBS stations. Here in the SF Bay Area it is KCSM Channel 60. Will be re-broadcast on Tuesday at 7:00 PM, with the Viper coming up in the last 10 minutes.

The SRT-10 will go up against the Z06 in next week's Motorweek (also on PBS). Look for the first airing (in the Bay Area on KCSM) on Saturday at 11:00 AM, to be repeated the following Tuesday at 7:30 PM.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was disappointed that this show only aired once so far, and at 6AM in the morning! :(

I'll try to see the 11AM show, but I don't get channel 60 in too well.

Their write up is typical of this type of automotive journalist.

Never in the comparison did they highlight the fact that the Z06 is only available as a coupe, and that the Viper is a full convertible.

Also, in their recent write up about the Lamborghini Murcielago http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2222.shtml they ooze praise about the cars exotic nature, and eye-catching looks, but call the earlier Viper's design "cartoonish" and a "toy", and never bring up how people fawn over the Viper.

Interestingly, their performance difference between the SRT-10 Viper and the Murcielago, was the same as the Viper and the Z06 (the way they drove them), but you won't see them talking about the Murcielago in practical driving/commuting terms or how the Viper is more practical and almost as fast at a fraction of the price. Noooo.

I guess that I just expect way too much from these guys.

-Dean.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
P.S. I'm watching KCSM and there's some cooking show on now. :(
I checked the KCSM schedule and it looks like Motorweek is slated for tomorrow (Sunday the 16th) at 11AM.
I'll look forward to seeing the show then.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep watching the cooking show...they will be cooking bacon & eggs on the SRT side sills! :eek:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Also, in their recent write up about the Lamborghini Murcielago they ooze praise about the cars exotic nature, and eye-catching looks, but call the earlier Viper's design "cartoonish" and a "toy", and never bring up how people fawn over the Viper.

Dean, doesn't that remind you about some movie review, where the critics dis the movie for lots of reasons, but it turns out to be immensely popular box-office smash? :D

OP
OP
G

Guibo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I checked the KCSM schedule and it looks like Motorweek is slated for tomorrow (Sunday the 16th) at 11AM.

Oh, shoot! Sorry about that. Motorweek is indeed shown on Sunday mornings (not Saturday) at 11:00 AM here on KCSM. But I think they already showed this segment last Sunday (03/09) and Tuesday (03/11).

Quite right about the Lambo comments. Fantastic car, but it's amazing what test editors will forgive when a car hails from Italy and costs well over the $200K mark.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I just finished watching this week's Motorweek, and it featured the Jag XKR. No Viper. Oh well. Motorweek seems to be more slanted towards the Consumer Reports view on cars. :(

In some ways it's understandable why some people can't appreciate the Viper's virtues, because it's not a car for everyone. And in a world growing towards generic cars, like it or not, the Viper DOES stand out! :laugh:

-Dean.

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read the Motorweek writeup. What they are talking about is the difference between a race car which is legal for the street, as the Viper is, and an everyday car that the wife can run errands in, the Corvette. They can't wring the performance out because they are not skilled drivers. The numbers speak for themselves.

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Darn it. Here in Miami, my TiVo recorded what should've been some car program featuring the SRT-10 but apparently my local WPBT decided to replace it with that moronic Suze Orman Financial show. I'll remember this special treat the next time this local public TV station comes looking for financial support.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog