SRT-10 Ram

STL RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey...so I'm half thinking of getting an SRT Ram. Looking at a silver '04. 5k miles. What would most of you be willing to pay for something along these lines? Also...don't know how long I'd hold on to it, may turn around and sell it after I have it for awhile. How's the market for these? Any of you looking now too? Thanks...Matt.

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say mid to high $20s. A guy in town just bought a brand new one('05 hold over quad cab) for $33K!! :shocked: The sticker was $55K! The longer they sit, the cheaper they get.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a supercharged reg cab in red that I've kind of been trying to sell. Low miles, custom Corsa exhaust, Bellanger headers, no cats, upgraded pistons, etc. New lightweight Fidanza flywheel with ATC clutch assembly. Woodhouse did the work. I then added Dan Cragins blower flash with a seperate PCM.

Market is horrible for sellers, excellent for buyers. Not sure why. My gas mileage from Goodland to Denver (3 hour trip) averages about 17 mpg. This is in 6th gear turning 1500 rpm. My '97 Dakota 4x4 V8 5-speed only averaged 18 or so on the same trip. Quad cab mileage is quite a bit worse...not sure if your looking for a regular cab or quad cab.

Heres a few samplings of how the truck looks/sounds:
http://www.dlfloyd.com/misc/viper.wmv
http://www.dlfloyd.com/misc/NortonRace.wmv

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on miles, reg vs quad and of course the year you could be as low as 25 or as high as 35 for a stock truck. I have seen some 04s and 05s with 30K plus go for 25K, so figure 20K on the odometer or better for the mid 20 price.

04s have smaller brakes and 4.10 gears, where as the 05s and 06s have 4.56s. The 06 has the newer Ram frame. 04s do not have a knock sensor. I also think, and this is opinion, the 06 interior is ugly compared to the 04/05. Other than that they are the same.

Another thing to consider, I think that prices will change once all the new Rams are off the lots. Right now you can still go to the dealer, well maybe not in your home town, but somewhere, and get a new 05 or 06. Once those are gone the used market may begin to change to more of a sellers market.

RedOne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just pulled up the lastest auction results:

05 SRT10 Reg Cab:

Silver 12 miles 27,000
Black 51 miles 25,700
White 57 miles 29,400
Red 62 miles 27,000
Red 869 miles 28,000

These prices are from sales in august and are before any auction fees, etc...

Yes, It's a buyers market!!

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STL RT/10 ~ Hey i don't think we've ever met. Are you going to the car show in Fenton on Sept 17th? I was trying to get some guys together to go on a cruise and pick up some lunch after the car show? Wanna hang out and drink a beer?

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey stl rt...there was a guy on here about a month or two ago looking for a srt ram and a guy chimed in from illinois said he could pick up one of these for anyone at auction (quad cab) for 25-28k kinda like what red one was showing (price wise)...hopefully who ever that was will chime in and can help you buy one this way...by far the best way to save $$

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey stl rt...there was a guy on here about a month or two ago looking for a srt ram and a guy chimed in from illinois said he could pick up one of these for anyone at auction (quad cab) for 25-28k kinda like what red one was showing (price wise)...hopefully who ever that was will chime in and can help you buy one this way...by far the best way to save $$

someone rang?

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had mine listed on ebay, autotrader and the VCA classifieds as well as a few SRT Ram forums for the mid 30s (paxton, upgraded pistons, flywheel, clutch, etc) and not a serious inquiry. I was somewhat suprised given its performance with the Paxton.

The power to weight is identical to the lightly modded Viper I had (both dynoed at the same facility). Its a fun truck to drive on the roadcoarse...especially catching those stock or lightly modded Vettes, Ferrari's and Porsches in the straights. Add a near .9 g rating and its no slouch in the corners either. Plus, you can haul stuff in the bed!!

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
calling zen...

have you seen any viper trucks on the auction block lately... i might be interested in one...can you pm me so we can chat about it???

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I want an 06 srt-10 quad RAM up here on my dealers lot. He will do $15k off msrp, but I want it for $35 which he said he would not do.

Anyboy selling a new 06 silver quad for $35k anywhere else in the country?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog