SRT-10 Seat lowering kit???

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't heard of one.

I am fairly average height (5'10") and feel like I am sitting up higher in the SRT. In a normal driving position the top of my head is in the airflow, even with the visor tilted up.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems to me the use of the visors to deflect air does not work as well in the SRT as it did in the RT's I've had, it actually seems to make it more turbulent to me. I also am 5'10"(250 lbs) no probs for me I fit fine if only a little snug.

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim,

Sounds great - please keep us updated on outcome.

I am a serious contender for this kit - I am 6'3 so any help I can get in the lowering department will be looked on.

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting question. At a VOI tech session I asked if the current seat lowering kits would work with the SRT's, or if a new one was in the works. I was considered a complainer and somewhat rudely told that the car wasn't for everyone, meaning don't buy it if you don't like the way we built it. FWIW, I didn't take delivery of the one I had ordered.

I'm sure someone will have an aftermarket fix available soon.

RogerL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any thing new with seat lowering kits? Has Northwind produced a kit yet for the SRT-10? Expecting delivery of my red #1299 tomorrow.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any news on the seat lowering kit yet? I need one badly.I'm not that tall, it just makes the car better to drive.

Skip W.

RogerL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to Mike at Northwind early this week. should have kits available in a couple of weeks. These will be the fixed, 2 inch lowering configurations. The 1 inch adjustable is further down the road.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about a 2 inch being the way to go, unless you're very tall. 1 inch is more than you think. Depends on you're leg to torso ratio. The reclining action of the seat and the 1 inch add up to quiet a bit. The idea of not being able to adjust the reclining feature is not to good. I'm quite sure there is not a car made that has power seats that adjusts over 1 inch. Does anyone notice the length of the seat bottom on the car, and the way it seem tilted up in the front. I never seen a seat this long before. So I think the seat lowering kit should bring down the front of the seat a little more than the back. Anyone out there feel the same?

Skip

RogerL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, I want the back lower and 2 inches is about right. I am tall enought that with the seat most of the way back and the pedels full forward my legs are just right. With the 2 inch seat lowering kit the seat is not quite all the way back (9 holes empty from the front according to Mike at Northwind)and will work perfect for me and I do not care to adjust the seat. No one drives my Viper but me. I am 6'2-3" tall and weigh about 215. If you are shorter, try the one inch, I'm going for two.

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I wondered about is if the seat will move forward due to the slope of the bulkhead behind the seat. it would seem that as the seat moves down, it will also have to be located slightly forward of it's rearmost stock location. This is troubling to me as in the SRT I have the seat all the way back with the pedals most of the way forward, compared to my previous RT/10, where I had the seat slightly forward with the pedals somewhere near the middle of their travel. It seems to me that there is less leg length room in the SRT, and I don't want to loose any of the space that is there.

Anybody know about this??

RogerL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talked to Mike at Northwind this AM, should have seat lowering kits available next week. I will install one and report back.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang