SRT/10 vs S2000

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell all your Gen2 friends to put down their crack pipes. These cars don't look anything alike. I took these shots in my driveway yesterday.
Something odd happened to the colors in the late afternoon sun, as the Honda isn't that washed out- it looks very close to Fly Yellow in person. Color clarity aside, look at the shape of these two cars- they are WAY different.

You must be registered for see images

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering when someone was going to post side by side pictures. You're right... they look completely different. Earthworm vs. ... well, a Viper.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can find something common in all cars, like this GTS and Vette.Or is that a Vette and a GTS :confused: :D

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tom Friend...I totally agree with your assessment of the physical appearance of these two fine motorcars. A friend of mine recently got a yellow S-2000 and it is very nice...but is nothing like the SRT-10. But of course, they were not intended to be similar. Other than being two-place sports roadsters, they have nothing else in common.

Mike
upstate New York

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol...

The SRT has really grown on me this year. Not like a fungus either, but in a rather pleasent fashion.

From behind, at say....200 yards on the highway and squinting just a bit, I can see where folks might make the comparison.

Hell, wheel back in your chair just a foot or two and squint at the C3/GTS comparison...

And then, go in the next room and squint at your wife really hard after a couple of swigs of The Macallan (first making sure that you have fast running shoes on at the very least) and see who you can imagine instead...

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like the new SRT-10 rear exhaust who makes them ? jk :p no matter what i think about the new SRT/10 still i respcet you Choice & Taste have fun with it and drive safe.Mbn

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS Dean, like Tom said - put down your crack pipe. I think it affects your vision etc. :smirk:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seeing a side by side view the Honda looks like milk toast. That is no character (but isn't no character a Honda characteristic???). They may share a general shape and head lamp/tail lamp placement but the details are all different. I cannot believe someone would mistake one for the other. But, many times my RT/10 has been mistaken as a Dodge Stealth/Mitsubishi 3000. And I can't see the resemblance but some people do.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They don't look similar, but there are some similar traits.

The way the front fenders roll over the tires. General headlight shape (not dimensions, though). Third brakelight placement.

For the GTS/C3 comparison, same thing applies. Not similar, but common traits.

Ducktail spoiler. Rear glass that leads to spoiler. lines over tires appear to be/are higher than at base of windshield.

Shoot, you could say the SRT has some common traits with the C3.

Door opener on far rear side of door, and similar how-to-open style. Angular, sharp lines of vent behind front wheel. Ducktail spoiler.

But in no way does the SRT look like an S2000. Those who are commenting it does are pulling chains to get the SRT guys riled up. Don't pay attention to them, that's all they're looking for. :D No flame intended.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not just similar traits (SRT to C3) amazingly exact designs! My little brother had a 69 vette and he was shocked at the door handles and view over the hood. The car even feels like a 69 convertible. It however, sounds nothing like it and rides/drives nothing like it.

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you guys are right! there is no front plate on the S2000. nothing alike afterall :rolleyes:

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a yellow s 2000 that i just bought for my wife, I thought it looked like the SRT10 too until I had them side by side @ the Viper days @ VIR, they do resemble each other, resemble the key word. The honda is a neat little car. The dealers SUX , I was washing my 4 day old S2000 & noticed the rear quater was repainted. I barely drove 300 miles, so off to the dealer we went. They said it was no big deal & offered to paint it again, We wanted a new car since thats what we bought( or thought) Honda said "SUE the dealer, there is nothing we can/will do" I guess you get what you pay for

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pdm, that's bs on the dealer's part. I'm surprised Honda won't even confront the dealer considering dealers are a manufacturer's "spokespeople". Sorry to hear about that.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put a cross-hair front fascia on that S-2000 and it's a dead ringer. I bet them Honda ricer boys are pissed.

Look, the front headlights look almost EXACTLY the same. The rear center brake light looks almost exactly the same. The seats from outside the car look alike. The design cues are very similar. Mark O. was a prophet.

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a HUGE difference between the srt and the s2000. The srt has about 250 hp more! Hey, I didn't know the s2000's came with hood scoops!

Seriously though, you SRT guys HAVE to admit the design is rather bland compared to the RT/GTS's. The SRT can be mistaken for many cars now because it blends in so well, nothing distinguishs it above the crowd like the beautiful and **** lines of the Gen I/II.

I'm sorry, but that's the opinion of an artist.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After two hits of acid, they do look ALMOST alike.
Add a crack pipe, and they look EXACTLY alike and I'll call Mark O a prophet. :smirk:

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't make my mind up! Somebody put that Jay Herbert guy in one and Ned Flanders in the other one and have them drive down the road. I need to see them in action before I can really decide.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put a cross-hair front fascia on that S-2000 and it's a dead ringer. I bet them Honda ricer boys are pissed.

Look, the front headlights look almost EXACTLY the same. The rear center brake light looks almost exactly the same. The seats from outside the car look alike. The design cues are very similar.
You know what? You're right :rolleyes: , because the hood looks exactly the same, because we all know the S2000 has those invisible hood scoops and "gills". The lower fascia look exactly the same, if it weren't for the S2000's invisible fog lights and crosshairs, and the SRTs invisible license plate. Even the wheels look exactly the same.

I see similarities in the headlights, but they're different shapes; the Honda's are more triangular and the SRTs are more rectangular. So personally, I can't say they "look almost EXACTLY the same". And you're talking about the seats looking the same from the outside? Yeah, I guess so, considering all seats have head rests. I've finally given up and come to the conclusion that similarities are in the eye of the beholder.

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Look, the front headlights look almost EXACTLY the same. The rear center brake light looks almost exactly the same. The seats from outside the car look alike. The design cues are very similar.
You know what? You're right :rolleyes: , because the hood looks exactly the same, because we all know the S2000 has those invisible hood scoops and "gills". The lower fascia look exactly the same, if it weren't for the S2000's invisible fog lights and crosshairs, and the SRTs invisible license plate. Even the wheels look exactly the same.

I see similarities in the headlights, but they're different shapes; the Honda's are more triangular and the SRTs are more rectangular. So personally, I can't say they "look almost EXACTLY the same". And you're talking about the seats looking the same from the outside? Yeah, I guess so, considering all seats have head rests. I've finally given up and come to the conclusion that similarities are in the eye of the beholder.

um..... ok... you're really grasping for straws here.. i think if you look closely, the windshield on the SRT is a little more transparent than the s2000... :rolleyes:

i like the looks of the SRT10, but even i have been duped dodging through traffic to get a glimpse of what i thought was an SRT only to be let down seeing an S2000... its even more difficult if the car is approaching in on coming traffic...

anyone who says that they do not see the similarities is just in serious denial.. but who cares anyway? did you buy the car for yourself, or to please other people?

regardless, its still a viper.. :usa:

Eddie

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh no!! It's the Hyunuar Tiburon XJ8!!
You must be registered for see images attach

Now wait... which one is the BMW?
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm seeing double!!!!

I didn't know the Viper came in brown!?!?!