SRT against a 94 RT10

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend wants to race me in his 94 RT10. He has 3 inch pipes and no cats, K&N and smooth tubes. My car is a SRT with no cats and K&Ns. His car feels much stronger in the lower gears then mine. My first gear seams to be to tall. How do you think this race would go with a slow rolling start in first gear?

Do you all feel the first gear is to tall in your SRT's?

OP
OP
H

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car he is racing me in is my old car. In the lower gears, it feels stronger then the SRT. Am I missing something? Why would that be?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best way to race (legally) is with a G-tech pro. There's too much to overcome if someone gets a jump (cheater) and then you have to convince everyone you lost due to ....blah blah blah. No one will listen. With a G-tech, just compare the numbers on the computer after and use your best runs. Post the results. Well worth the $250 investment.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
put a hell of a lot more than $1000 on the race...you'll kick his asp!!

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What?? Details, man! From a stop? A roll? How many car lengths? Did he hang at first? What speed did you stop at? Etc. etc.

OP
OP
H

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We started at about 20-25 mph in first gear. I jumped on him about 2 cars by the beginning of third gear. We did some small sprints at higher speeds and it was closer because we ran out of room. he had the advantage because of the SRT's need for gears, but I still started to pull.

Now I have to try him in the Z06.