SRT brakes for my 97 GTS?

FUNZO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello . I have a 97 GTS (no ABS) with SRT wheels-18" front & 19" rear. I want to install SRT brakes front & rear. Has anyone of you members done this ? If so, what kind of problems am i looking at ? E-brake ? & I don't want ABS.Thanx.

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Funzo,
There are lots of threads covering this subject.
It seems that you have already decided on the SRT brakes using the Dave's Big Brake Kit from PartsRack. (nothing wrong with that) But honestly, your intended use, ie track, bling, etc is what should dictate if this is the right setup for you.

No major problems at all. You will have to run a biasing valve to dial out the rear brake some. Ebrake will have to be added and while some do not like it, it does work, but takes some time to get the adjustments on it right.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stoptechs also don't require the proportioning valve which is why I went that route.

OP
OP
F

FUNZO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have seen your StopTech's for sale,and I like them,but I'm putting alot of dollars into up-grade parts this winter & I just want to compare the cost of SRT vs Stoptech or Brembo kits. I would like to go with a complete after-market set-up, but if I can save a grand or 2 with the SRT brakes, thats more $ for exhaust or rears or whatever else I need. If the cost of SRT's is fairly close to what you want for your set-up, I'll give you a call.

Last edited:

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be waiting for the call sir.

Best way to build a car is with a solid foundation, start with tires, then brakes, then suspension and last of all the HP increases. Once you can grip, turn, and stop... only THEN can you truly go FAST!

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best bang for the buck is to go SRT front and Tom's upgrade in the rear. If you want a similar look, you can get a caliper cover from him in matching color to the front SRT calipers. It's not the full on bling factor, but you can be in for a brake setup that will perform as good as almost any other for $1500 and have no permanent mods.

OP
OP
F

FUNZO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll be waiting for the call sir.

Best way to build a car is with a solid foundation, start with tires, then brakes, then suspension and last of all the HP increases. Once you can grip, turn, and stop... only THEN can you truly go FAST!
-- I agree.--

OP
OP
F

FUNZO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[ QUOTE=KNG SNKE;3034144]Funzo, PM me your phone number and I will call you later.[/QUOTE] I think I "PM"ed you my phone #. Did it work? If not, call me & let me know! J-K, put it on the thread, & I will try again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte