SRT Coupe Ideas and Speculation?

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, me being the sucker for the Comp Coupe that I am, I was looking at the pics of the Comp Coupe frame.

It would appear, that aside from the obvious strengthening structures of the Comp Coupe, the only real difference is the roll-cage which acts as the support for the roof.

As I recall, back when everyone was speculating on a Coupe for production, it was said that a Coupe would be entirely too different for DC to produce since they would share relatively few parts.

Now after looking at the same sort of **** frame pictures from a production Saleen S7, I find myself wondering... if dodge used a version of the cage in the CC (without the racing-style door reinforcement) and roof/rear glass windows like the CC, couldn't they ALREADY have a Coupe beta/mule driving around? If not, wouldn't it be infinitely easy to develop one using the CC as a base?

Judging from the CC's frame, someone could essentially take a SRT, remove the convertible top system, install a roll-cage, different and body panels, and have a road-going coupe. (sans headliners and fit and finish that would come with a production version).

Any thoughts? Comments?