SRT Experience

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a fun day. They had a few "modules" like autocross, 1/8 mile drags, advanced car control with the Vipers(just a few quick run arounds on a mini autocross), and a few laps on a closed course.

It was definitley worth my price of admission- FREE:D

Would I pay $500 for it? Not a chance.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna go here when it comes to Daytona.

Do they actually do any in car teaching or is it kinda like get in the car and see what you can do and learn from your mistakes?

Snakecharmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a great deal for free. You get to experience all the SRT cars in a track situation. Most of the guys there are 300 SRT etc. owners and do not have much track experience. They are excited to get a shot at driving a Viper. Ironically, the car you drive the least is the Viper! There is not much instruction but, it is not a driving school. Overall they do a nice job and its well worth going to when one is in your area. Ken

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had fun too. It was very similar to what they ran at VOI9. It was free if you bought a new SRT vehicle. Would I pay $500, probably not, id go to a real driving school again.

Anyways, like others said, you get a chance to drive some diffferent course. I got to drive the Viper truck and SRT8 jeep in a 0-60-0 exercise, then pilot them thru slalom cones. Took the Viper thru a autocross course, then onto the road course where we took turns driving the SRT Charger, 300C, Magnum and crossfire. Then I was one of the lucky 3 who got picked for a few laps around the course with a instructopr in a Comp Coupe.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI-I believe that VCA members get a $100 discount.

correct, I confimed that last week with a phone call. If there's no real instruction or anything that will help me improve as a driver I might as well not waste my $$$. I get to drive different vehicles everyday so that aspect doesn't really mean much to me. I don't get to race them around a track but then again I don't really want to.

2snakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT website said they are driving 2006 vipers.. Do they need to update website ??

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Went with Big-n Italian last Fall at a discounted VCA price of $250 That was worth it, but not $500. Best part was Taking the cars to the track (chicagoLand Speedway) at high speeds. The rest (autocross, and drag were only OK) Not much seat time in the Vipers and you don't get out of 2nd gear anyway so it wasn't much fun. I probably wouldn't do it again, even for $250, and having done it, I definitely wouldn't pay $500. I was never sent my in-car video:( The positives include excellent food, and nice instructors!:2tu:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I could make that worth $250 alone! LOL

Much like VOI9 lunches at track, it was basically hamburgers or chicken sandwhich and chips, not that great,but im not complaining. Its just nothing to rave over.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is designed to be an experience, not a driving school.

You get the chance to drive a bunch of SRTs on different courses.

See the difference between 4wd Jeep and a Chrysler SRT 300 at the drag strip, around cones and on the track if available.

You get a basic chalk talk, some encouragement to have fun, and a pretty good time flogging all the newest SRTs.

Get to experience a SRT Charger, Challenger. 300, Magnum, Viper etc.

Good fun, but nothing like ViperDays or VOI experience.

They usually give you the opportunity to ride along with a professional to see what it is like to be a passenger.

When the SoCal Club went in Riverside a few of us even got to get rides in the prototype ME4/12. That was a hoot.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had fun too. It was very similar to what they ran at VOI9. It was free if you bought a new SRT vehicle. Would I pay $500, probably not, id go to a real driving school again.

Anyways, like others said, you get a chance to drive some diffferent course. I got to drive the Viper truck and SRT8 jeep in a 0-60-0 exercise, then pilot them thru slalom cones. Took the Viper thru a autocross course, then onto the road course where we took turns driving the SRT Charger, 300C, Magnum and crossfire. Then I was one of the lucky 3 who got picked for a few laps around the course with a instructopr in a Comp Coupe.

Mike my thoughts exactly. I did it when it was $300.00. I had a blast. I must admit it was worth it for that but, now $500.00 I gave it some thought but, I passed for that much.

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna go here when it comes to Daytona.

Do they actually do any in car teaching or is it kinda like get in the car and see what you can do and learn from your mistakes?

I just signed up for May 10th at Daytona. If you will be there on any of the days, 9th, 10th, or 11th, PM me and we'll meet up. I'm staying with a friend and only 4 miles from the track. Sadly I won't have a Viper with me but I would love to see yours.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i paid $250 and thought it was well worth that. great people, got to drive some awesome cars, had a great lunch, and got to drive on a NASCAR speedway over 100 mph. i am ready to do it again.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just signed up for May 10th at Daytona. If you will be there on any of the days, 9th, 10th, or 11th, PM me and we'll meet up. I'm staying with a friend and only 4 miles from the track. Sadly I won't have a Viper with me but I would love to see yours.

Well, after reading reviews here I'm not sure if I'm gonna go. If I do go I'll go Sat. or Sun.

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, after reading reviews here I'm not sure if I'm gonna go. If I do go I'll go Sat. or Sun.

I pay $250 to drive 2 hours on my local no name road course, tearing up my own car. For $400 to tear up someone else's cars *at Daytona*, that sounds like a deal to me. I might not do it twice, but I'll surely do it once.

One of the great things about this forum is the diverse opinions you can get on nearly any subject of importance to a Viper owner. But the down side of that is that if you said you were giving away buckets of free money, I guarendamntee that some of these folks would do nothing but complain that it wasn't enough money and that the taxes would be too bothersome. :dunno:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I pay $250 to drive 2 hours on my local no name road course, tearing up my own car. For $400 to tear up someone else's cars *at Daytona*, that sounds like a deal to me. I might not do it twice, but I'll surely do it once.

The only prob is you go out on road course usually in groups of 4-5 cars following instructor, we maybe got up to 90 mph. They took you at a decent speed if everyone kept up otherwise they slowed it down to wait for the slowest driver. So your really not out there beating on them and running hot laps. Id say most drivers that have prior track experience would feel there going at 60% of there normal track pace. They have to do this Im sure for safety reasons. And they dont want wrecked cars.

As one guy said earlier, its not a track day, its a "drive experience" . Go to Viper days, you'll learn more and have more fun. At the very least it wont hurt anyone to atleast go once.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had fun too. It was very similar to what they ran at VOI9.

Thanks, it sounded like what they've had at each of the past few VOIs, where you can drive the various SRT vehicles under various circumstances during a half-day session.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the email about $100 for VCA members, thus $400, but I see a few people mentioned having done it for $250 - how'd you do that? Different deal at a different time?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the email about $100 for VCA members, thus $400, but I see a few people mentioned having done it for $250 - how'd you do that? Different deal at a different time?

i did it at the end of the season last year. i think the end of the season had something to do with the discounted price.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang