SRT made mucho better & many thanks

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big thanks to JonB at PartsRack and Autoform's Steve and Tony(and the install guys)!!!! My SRT has had some minor sugery in the past two days. The addition of the Autoform roll bar and Teamtech harnesses along with the addition of a Corsa track exhaust has made my SRT much better and safer. The Corsa sound is quite nice and the rollbar and harnesses will make me feel much safer when i do finally get the car out the the road course. The Corsa was installed by Dick Scott Dodge in Plymouth Michigan, the only place i will let service my car in SE Michigan. It is a pleasure to deal with so many honest and honorable people and companies mentioned above. Again many thanks to the people who have helped me make my car better and safer. I will go out of my way to do business with any and all of the people at Autoform, ParsRack and Dick Scott Dodge in the future and hope the rest of you realize how lucky we are to have such dedicated "VIPER GUYS" on our side, and help to support their business with yours.

ACMiller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Dick Scott did a beter job installing your exhaust. I had mine intalled a moth ago (for the Woodward Cruise) and had to have another dealer re-install. I went to Dick Scott based on the great feedback on this board. The exhaust was to far back and when it heated up it would have burned the car if I didn't have it moved. I pointed it out when I picked it up and their answer was that's the way it should be installed.

I for one will never go back.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't be too fast to blame that dealer. They installed it according to the instructions. It is only members of this board that have shared the information that the pipe heats up, expands, and pushes the tip where it could damage the bodywork.

This is a great example of how this board is valuable. When I had my Corsa installed, I printed out pictures from this board, and informed the installer of this unique situation. They mounted it just slightely forward, and when hot moves just slightly rear of center.

ACMiller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the same thing... Pictures and instructions from this board. I guess they learned after mine.

OP
OP
S

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry you had a problem, ireally think the problem was with Corsa's instructions. they have really detailed the process in the current instructions. Dick Scott is still the only dealer i will let work on my car. i had horrible experiences w/ two other dealers w/ my prior RT/10's. I have had only exceptional service from Dick Scott and know from many other MCVO owners that it is the only place they will have their cars serviced.

OP
OP
S

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry i dont have any digital pics to post. go the the PartsRack website www.partsrack.com and check out the safety section there are at least a couple of pics there of the SRT bar. JonB will get you a great price.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great it worked out for you Mike. After driving nearly 2000 miles this past week with the Mopar race exhaust I can say the 1500 rpm drone does get to you, especially top up. I heard from others that it was loud when I went WOT but I did not notice it as louder than what I had before. I am pretty sure I scared the Hell out of a few slower drivers.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the drone gets to you, it can be greatly reduced by inserting Vortex Cones. Might cost you a few HP, but really makes the track exhaust more liveable.

Inserting it in the side sill, instead of just off the headers is easier, and still reduces drone.

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was actually wondering about just inserting them in the sill. Do you need to weld it in place or just push real hard?

Can you put them in for a cruise with the wife and them take them out it you are heading to the track?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can these cones be inserted without removing the side sills? If so they would be great. Otherwise ???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte