SRT spotted, but how can this be??!?!?!

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone explain to me how there is a red SRT driving around my neighborhood. I doubted EVERYONE and finally I saw it. I have seen it twice, both times the top up, but it was going the other way and I wasn't able to turn around to catch the guy. It has been seen parked at restaurants and the bakery, driving up and down one of the major streets for about 3 weeks now.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'm sure there are some test mules running around, and possibly some press cars as well.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry, you are not the only one I have seen a bunch my self. But then again it could also be those pesky s2000 or camaro wannabe's.
supergrin.gif

OP
OP
F

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am trying to get a look at the plates. I have put the word out to everyone to stop looking at the car and turn their attention to the plates. I was thinking it was a mule too, especially since there was one in the bay area recently, but the thing has been seen parked at the local bakery numerous times.

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its probably a press car.. motor trend, road and track, car and driver, etc all have offices in the LA area.. they are probably pounding the press cars as we speak..

- eddie -

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw one too yesterday in Santa Monica. It looked cool but just doesn't have the appeal that the current vipers have.

OP
OP
F

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw it again. This time it wasn't the same driver so maybe it wasn't the same car, but this one had MI plates. The guy claims its his job to drive new models everyday. I had seen a fleet of BMW Z8s months before their release driving around for about a month and I guess this is the same thing. They drive the mules on a daily basis to make sure everything is working I guess. He said he only had it up to about a 100 and it was insane, but then again he isnt a Viper owner/driver so it better have bene insane. He did say that 3 people had already burned their calves on the side pipes. What a great job, gets to work around 6am gets in a new Viper at 630am and drives all day long.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke to someone in the movie business this week and they told me and it is confirmed that 4 SRT/10's have been ordered and shipped so they can appear in the Fast & Furious 2. Get this, the Viper's will be the VILLAIN car's! I thought they said that production was in Florida, but the company I was talking to was based in Cali! BTW, all 4 are red.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
I spoke to someone in the movie business this week and they told me and it is confirmed that 4 SRT/10's have been ordered and shipped so they can appear in the Fast & Furious 2. Get this, the Viper's will be the VILLAIN car's! I thought they said that production was in Florida, but the company I was talking to was based in Cali! BTW, all 4 are red.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shooting locations are Boca Raton, Miami, and Orlando. I wouldn't be suprised if little bits were shot here in LA but sounds like most of the shooting will be in Fl.

So anyway, why were SRT's ordered? Were all the S2000s taken already? ... no really, I liked the SRT, just not as much as the current vipers.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI, A extremely reliable source informed me that 2 Red SRT's
were delivered to a Dealership in FLA on Monday Sept 16th.

I won't disclose the Dealer or the city (don't want to get them
in any trouble)though they didn't say it was a secret. Maybe
these are the cars?

viperweb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FUSCUCLA1 - Where exactly in Socal did you see the SRT-10? I might try to hang out there more often so I can see it.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great! Since F&F2 is for the ricer crowd, we'll have to suffer through watching the new Viper get beat by a Civic with VTEC stickers on it driven by the good guys.

OP
OP
F

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by viperweb:
FUSCUCLA1 - Where exactly in Socal did you see the SRT-10? I might try to hang out there more often so I can see it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I replied to your email.................Everyone has seen it driving on Glenoaks Blvd in Glendale. Its been around for a few weeks now, maybe a month.

OP
OP
F

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenH:
Great! Since F&F2 is for the ricer crowd, we'll have to suffer through watching the new Viper get beat by a Civic with VTEC stickers on it driven by the good guys.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is what I am worried about, are the good guys in civics and eclipses gonna catch and beat the bad guys in their SRTs???

I sure hope the bad guys leave the SRTs at home the day they lose to the good guys. Maybe we'll get to see the SRTs crash, blow up, and get destroyed.....MarkO are you first in line for this movie??????

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21