SRT Track Experience

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the SRT track experience that comes with a new car transfer to new owner if the original owner never used it?

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still have not used mine on the ACR......wondering the same..... no schedule up on their site....

Speedy G

Viper Owner
Reaction score
U can use it if the last owner did not but it does expire, I'll ask the wife tmrw and post it if no one else does, she knows the details

Does the SRT track experience that comes with a new car transfer to new owner if the original owner never used it?

L84AD8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The dates are up today if you go to the register area. I signed up for Daytona in May. Good luck.:):2tu:

OP
OP
V

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to all, I submitted my VIN. I was told I would get an email in a few days. There is nothing listed in Texas on the schedule at this time.

L84AD8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sublime Daytona,

It's at Daytona International Speedway 05-19 thru 22

VicTxV10,

It shows Texas Motor Speedway 03-25 thru 27

I hope this helps

Sandy G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I happened to also call this morning. They said that it started in about April of 2005 and told me that on my Viper it was available after April 2005. I am checking on my SRT8 Jeep, also now. My build date on the Viper was Nov. 2004.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I attended after I bought my SRT8 Charger 4 years ago. Attended Pocono in April 2007, temperature was 20* and snow flurries! Needless to say, the Vipers stayed on the infield course. Back then, you could drive the Vipers. It is my understanding now that it is not allowed - you just get to ride in them. Unless that's changed again for 2011.

The whole day was a load of fun.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would'nt get too excited about the program.
While it's better than nothing, it's a bit disappointing.
You can feel the insurance company's lawyers' hands all over it, if you know what I mean.
You're better off doing a real HPDE with your own car.
IMHO

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would'nt get too excited about the program.
While it's better than nothing, it's a bit disappointing.
You can feel the insurance company's lawyers' hands all over it, if you know what I mean.
You're better off doing a real HPDE with your own car.
IMHO

Agree but to those that get it for free with the purchase of a Car, why not use it....

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They generally only use those SRT vehicles that are in the model year production. When I went in 2007, that was the Charger, 300, Magnum, Crossfire, Jeep, and Viper (the Neon SRT4 was over, and the Caliber and Chally yet to come). We got to drive and test each one in diffent situations.

However, since in 2011 the ONLY SRT vehicle is the new 6.4 Challenger, I think this may be a bit of a dissapointment in terms of variety.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I did this a few years back at Englishtown NJ. They let you drive the Vipers, but only in first gear, with an instructor with you(who kept his hand on the ebrake the entire time). The most fun I had all day was in the Jeep SRT8. They let you do what ever you wanted with that, and beat the pants off it.. Doing the 1/8 mile runs was a blast...

I am told, the vipers do not really play a role in it anymore, and are reserve for Hot Laps with instructors behind the wheel. The day before I went in 2008. Someone put a brand new SSG coupe into the chain link fence at Englishtown. I think that was part of what ended driving these cars for good. So yes, the attorneys hands are all over this one.. But with some of the idiots that you have there, I cant blame them. Way too much liability.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Unless it has changed , again, it is only good 1 year from the date of purchase. For a short time it was 2 years, but went back to 1 and don't believe it has changed again, but will check.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bill, can you confirm whether they will be using anything other than Challengers? I would think they would have to, but being there are no other SRTs in production for 2011, I don't know.

Yes, at Pocono, we were on the infield course with cones in the Vipers (they were Gen IIIs, this was 2007) and I never got out of 2nd. Now, when the instructor drove - wow, that was fun.

The most fun I had was in the Crossfire SRT6. That thing was a little rocket ship.:2tu:

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should check with the SRT folks.. try to run your VIN through the website and see what happens. I attended the SRT Experience last July (2010) with the VIN on my 2006 Viper. The first owner had not used it and they were able to sign me up for free. I really didn't expect it to work out that way, but one email and one phone call later I was registered, so it's worth a shot.

As for the program, it's a lot of fun, but not a serious learning experience. I went to Englishtown NJ. We drove the 300, GC, Challenger, and Charger. The Viper was reserved for hot-laps at the end of the day with an instructor driving. The autocross was probably the best part - Challenger and GC on a small tight course. On the road course you're doing lead-follow in a group of 3 with an instructor out front.
I don't think I would pay the full price to attend, but I would absolutely go again for "free" if I picked up another SRT someday.

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did this last August in Joliet IL, it was a lot of fun! Had a group of local friends drive up with me and we made a weekend out of it. We all had a great time, and the guys who put on the event were excellent. My only complaint is they make a video for each person who atteneded (video from the front of the car and inside the car), but somehow they lost mine and couldn't make me another... that was a little disappointing.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did this last August in Joliet IL, it was a lot of fun! Had a group of local friends drive up with me and we made a weekend out of it. We all had a great time, and the guys who put on the event were excellent. My only complaint is they make a video for each person who atteneded (video from the front of the car and inside the car), but somehow they lost mine and couldn't make me another... that was a little disappointing.

They told me the same thing, and my disk showed up in the mail anyway... It was about 6-8 months after the event (yes,MONTHS). But it did show!!!!!!

OP
OP
V

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, today I received an email that my VIN is now registered. The original owner of my 08 never used it.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT Experience is a great way to drive all the different available SRT cars back to back in different track environments.

While it is not a full on racing environment, you get to run the cars at full throttle, full braking, and get a feeling for their handling capabilities.

You need to keep all the safety electronics on during the event (Stability control) as the instructors have no way of knowing who can handle a unbridled car and who can't.

This is a competitive event, with timing done on the autocrosses and head to head racing. Small trophy's are given out to the fastest guys, along with free SRT Jackets, gloves and caps to the winners.

They allow new and second owners to take the course for free (paid for in sticker price), but only for a set period. It is controlled by the VIN, and can be only used once for each vehicle.

We drove SRT Chargers, Challengers, Jeeps and 300C's. I noticed the Chargers handled more crisply than the Challengers, and that the Jeeps launched like shot out of a canon.

The instructors were very competitive, and wanted their teams to post the fastest times.

At the end, 1/4 of the people (chosen by dot color on their badges) were given rides with instructors in Vipers. Others were given hot laps with instructors with electronics turned off.

We drove right up till it was getting dark (November)

The experience ran 4 events. Solom course, big road course, and head to head small track course with manditory stop boxes.

Everybody had fun. Chalk talk in the AM with continental breakfast, Review at buffet lunch, and nice awards presentation at the end.

A couple weeks after the event I rec'd a personalized DVD with in car video, and instructor commentary.

If you are expecting a racetrack free for all you will be dissappointed. If you are there to experience all the SRT vehicles on different track configurations, you will have a blast.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I noticed the Chargers handled more crisply than the Challengers, and that the Jeeps launched like shot out of a canon.

Yep, the Chargers are set up the tightest. I know, I own one.:headbang: As I said though, this year, may not bee as good, as the only SRT in 2011 is the Challenger.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hard to tell what cars will be there this year, but they used the SRT6 well after it was not available. Though we will only have an SRT8 Challenger for 2011, the news has already surfaced about the SRT8 Jeep in 2012.

The event is well worth going to and is very reminiscent of a one day driving school. Well orchestrated and fun, and you do get to hammer on the SRT machines. Recommend anyone who hasn't gone to seriously consider, and it would be beneficial to check , as noted prior , if you are a second owner with a fairly recent beast. Apparently rules have been in a state of flux with the Bankruptcy, but they do appear to be accepting drivers ( depending on time ) if the first owner never used his/her SRT benefit.

I have been to 10 Professional Driving or Racing Schools, and would recommend this program to anyone -- it is just plain a fun car day, and it really makes you appreciate the hard work the folks at SRT do , essentially , for us!!!:2tu:

Speedy G

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The wife put these on for jrt, unless they changed this year it's 3yrs from new purchase she said

Unless it has changed , again, it is only good 1 year from the date of purchase. For a short time it was 2 years, but went back to 1 and don't believe it has changed again, but will check.

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They told me the same thing, and my disk showed up in the mail anyway... It was about 6-8 months after the event (yes,MONTHS). But it did show!!!!!!

Thanks, hopefully that happens to me (it has already been 6 months). Friends of mine who went with me got their videos a couple of months ago. Would be great if it shows up though.

Either way it was a lot of fun and I recommend it to everyone!

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just Checked out if I could use mine and GOOD To go, just got to get the date figured out. Thanks to everyone for this thread otherwise I would have just blown it off :omg: since I bought "pre-owned" :drive: