SRT vs GT

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got an E-mail from Ford on the GT specs and pictures of the production car. It looks great, but they included some interesting things (and left out others)

Where will the Ford GT be priced?

The final MSRP won't be released until just before the car goes on sale. We are forecasting final MSRP to be under $150,000.

When will the first vehicles arrive at Dealerships?

Limited production of the Ford GT is projected to start spring 2004 as a 2005 model.

Which Ford Motor Company dealers will offer the new Ford GT for sale?

All Ford Dealers will be eligible to sell Ford GT. Allocation and distribution of Ford GT inventory will be communicated at a later date.

We hear that some dealers are already charging higher than sticker price for the vehicle. Does Ford encourage dealers to sell at any particular price?

Federal law requires manufacturers to provide an MSRP for every vehicle. Under dealer franchise agreements and state law, manufacturers cannot control the selling price of a vehicle. Dealers modify vehicle prices, either higher or lower than MSRP, based on market conditions and customer demands.Certainly, the new Ford GT is in high demand. The price a dealer gets reflects the value a customer finds in a vehicle and is willing to spend.

If you want specifics on what dealers can and cannot do in regards to price, you should contact the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA).

AND the one important detail they left out of the spec page? WEIGHT! They list all the interior dimensions, turning radius....blah blah blah I searched and searched, but no weight.

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly, it looks like the Ford GT will be fat and expensive - I loved the car and considered it, but have ordered the Gallardo. Similar price, exotic styling, Audi engineering, 500 hp and 3100 lbs. At least I hope all this is accurate when the Gallardo touches down for real. The Viper will remain a comparable, if not better, performer than the GT, I'll bet. At nearly twice the price, the GT could go the way of the Thunderbird.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone had estimated their new supercars at or below 3000lbs, but the Enzo, Carrera GT, Ford GT, Gallardo, and Mercedes SLR all look to be coming out around 3200lbs+.
I think that only the Saleen S7 has actually built a supercar under 3000lbs.

The Gallardo's advantage will be AWD, the Enzo, Carrera GT and Mercedes SLR will all be over 600HP, and most likely the Ford GT will be very underrated like the SVT Cobra is.

I like the Ford GT's style (because I've always liked the looks of the GT40), but I suspect that there will be dealer gouging and many profiteers adding between $50K to $100K on top of whatever price Ford sets for the GT.

There are some fantastic supercars coming out now/soon, and one of the best things is how much of a bargain they make the Viper look. :laugh:

-Dean.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KVERGES, what color did you order on the Lambo? You will HAVE to post pics when you ge it. That car is really starting to grow on me. :D

Austin

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if they dont keep the weight below 3,300-3400 lbs the car will not out perform the SRT! especially if they only have 500 hp. if the car does not markedly out perform the SRT I will not be buying one. also wont be buying one unless i can find a reputable dealer who will only charge sticker(that might be the tougher one).

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The GT website lists specs, and it includes the F/R weight distribution. (I forgot, its something like 47/53) Anyway, how can they be so sure about the weight distribution, if they don't know the final weight? Maybe they know the weight, but its not favorable, and so they leave that info up in the air for now, so we don't all lose the hype. Keep us dreamin'.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's starting to look like a pretty bad deal. $150K, performance & weight comparable to the $80K SRT, hardtop only. Pity :(

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
(Wont be long before Ben has one!)

bwah haw haw ha :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960