SRT10 Coupe and ACR

2BADD-4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am currently in the market for a 2010 SRT10 Coupe or an 09-10
ACR.
Looking for opinions on the difference in ride quality. Long cruises in particular.

My Viper may be tracked a few times a year.

Thanks, Dave

PS...Bill P. expect a call soon! ROBINHOOD:D

2002 GTS FE #338
Belangers, RT Cats, Corsa, K/N

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 09 ACR rides a little rougher than my 06 vert did, but it is not very noticeable except on big bumps. However, the performance and fun of the ACR are worth it 100%!!!! :)

(I have driven the ACR 200 miles at a time before, no problem)

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an 08 coupe and now have an 090 ACR. I think my ACR actually drives and shifts better than the 08 Coupe. It could just be the car, but I can tell a difference. I am also running PS2's on the ACR instead of the ACR tires. The suspension may be factory set a little softer too.

Bruce

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have ridden in ACR's with the sport cups but I did not drive my car with the original tires. They seemed to drive a little rougher compared to my car.

Bruce

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have an o8 ACR that i'd like to sell so i can get my aCR X

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
On the 09 ACR does the ride improve that much with the PS2 over the Cups ?

"Improve" is a relative term.

I 100% guarantee PS-2 is a softer ride, and a bit less 'twitchy' responsive vs Cups.

Some say that is an improvement, esp. on long highway trips.

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've run both Cups and PS2's on my ACR. On the street the PS2 is no doubt a relatively softer ride. My wife prefers it over the cups when she drives.

To answer the original question, I have driven 3500 miles in my ACR and have about 400 in an 08 coupe. The ACR is not so much more 'rough' that I would go with the coupe based on a worry about the ride being a little bumpy on rough roads.

Just my 2 cents. Can't go wrong with either.:2tu:

OP
OP

2BADD-4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome!
Maybe you can make to this event to check out some cars in person or if you get a Viper before then go attend with the club.

http://forums.viperclub.org/vca-viper-events-gatherings/637440-vipers-carlisle.html

Hello Venomiss!

AWESOME looking Snake :D Thank You! for the reminder about Carlisle! I had my 02 GTS FE there a few years back. I had a Great time with my son and the VCA group. I have the dates marked down and will be there on Sat. :cool: Hope to see you!

I thank "everyone" for all their replies and really appreciate input by mjorgensen (Woodhouse)for the great tire info. Another reason why I purchased my 02 GTS from Bill P. :) He is without a doubt a "walking library" of Dodge viper info. ;) GREAT stand up guy!!!!!!! Great team together. Woodhouse Dodge is definately #1 in my book! :2tu:

I am leaning towards a 2010 SRT10 B/W Coupe. Also considering a red coupe, and having Woodhouse paint their magic on it. Also thinking about the ACR in Red/Blk/Red drivers stripe :D Or Graphite/Blk/Red drivers stripe...Awesome looking snakes. Bill, I'm going to need a BIG garage!!!

Best, Dave :usa:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, about time you get back in the game, we haven't seen you in a long time, we look forward to seeing you at Carlisle....in the meantime, you may want to take a look at Franks ACR, I think it only has delivery miles on it.

Carmen

OP
OP

2BADD-4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, about time you get back in the game, we haven't seen you in a long time, we look forward to seeing you at Carlisle....in the meantime, you may want to take a look at Franks ACR, I think it only has delivery miles on it.

Carmen

Carmen!!!

You are 100% right on that my friend! Sometimes life throws us a curve ball, and you gotta deal with it.

I am Really Glad to hear from you, as I have been thinking about those cruises we had. :headbang: I have a lot of catching up to do with the Pa. gang! Hope everyone is doing well, and definately will see you at Carlisle. :cool:

Best, Dave

P.S......Now where was I with my Viper search? Hmmmmm lots of cool choices. TOO MANY!!! Carmen, Thanks for the lead on Franks ACR, :) going to pm him now.

2002 GTS FE #338
Belangers, R/T Cats, Corsa, K/N Sold

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Venomiss!

AWESOME looking Snake :D Thank You! for the reminder about Carlisle! I had my 02 GTS FE there a few years back. I had a Great time with my son and the VCA group. I have the dates marked down and will be there on Sat. :cool: Hope to see you!

I thank "everyone" for all their replies and really appreciate input by mjorgensen (Woodhouse)for the great tire info. Another reason why I purchased my 02 GTS from Bill P. :) He is without a doubt a "walking library" of Dodge viper info. ;) GREAT stand up guy!!!!!!! Great team together. Woodhouse Dodge is definately #1 in my book! :2tu:

I am leaning towards a 2010 SRT10 B/W Coupe. Also considering a red coupe, and having Woodhouse paint their magic on it. Also thinking about the ACR in Red/Blk/Red drivers stripe :D Or Graphite/Blk/Red drivers stripe...Awesome looking snakes. Bill, I'm going to need a BIG garage!!!

Best, Dave :usa:

Look at my 09 ACR GRAPHITE/BLACK RED D/S 4 MILES!!!!!! 91K ITS IN tHE CLASSIES

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sent you a PM...I even have a beautiful NEW set of Forgeline wheels with PS2s that can also be bought with the car...If you REALLY want a Graphite ACR you wont get a better deal..Kevin

OP
OP

2BADD-4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sent you a PM...I even have a beautiful NEW set of Forgeline wheels with PS2s that can also be bought with the car...If you REALLY want a Graphite ACR you wont get a better deal..Kevin

ASPIRATIONS.....returned pm...I am currently looking at 4 snakes, tough decision as they are ALL AWESOME PAINT COMBOS

Many Thanks, Dave :usa:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dave...I need a better email address. Your account kicked back the email

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen