Stage 1 Numbers, Many Thanks

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got my Gen 1 to the dyno last night. I was hoping to see at least 500RWHP, and I got just over 504RWHP and 570RWTQ on a 95 degree day. The Roe 6.5# s/c is the only mod on the car, other than 3" mufflers and no cats(still stock exhaust manifolds).

I want to thank the following people for helping me get my first stage of mods done.

Scotty TOOOFST, Paolo and Jimmy for an install that is second to none. Anyone in the Chicago area(or anywhere) looking for a tuner would be doing themselves a dis-service by not talking with these guys. I felt that my car was in better hands in their shop than in my own garage.

Martin at AMS for doing to final tune. His knowledge of boosted cars in amazing. He is getting some really big numbers from 2.3L cars. He treated me like I was his best customer, and this is the first time I dealt with him.

Finally, Sean Roe for putting out such a complete and thourough S/C kit that produces results. I know 504RWHP is no where near what some are making, but I am going to stage 2 later this year, which will get me to 600-610RWHP. At that point, the Gen 1 will be complete and I will be looking for a Gen 2 GTS to send to CPE for a TT system!!

Martyb

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...can't wait to get one for My Gen1. So no modifications/upgrades were required for the SC?

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marty,
Congrats on the CAR!! You're definitely going to enjoy many (S)miles on that newfound Massive Power! :headbang:

Jay K.

OP
OP
M

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotone,

The S/C comes complete, I think the only mods that Sean suggests is high flow cats, or no cats at all.

Thanks Jay!! I would not call it massive power, but it is really a kick in the pants compared to stock. A Porsche TT found that out last night leaving the tollbooth!!

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotone,

The S/C comes complete, I think the only mods that Sean suggests is high flow cats, or no cats at all.

Thanks Jay!! I would not call it massive power, but it is really a kick in the pants compared to stock. A Porsche TT found that out last night leaving the tollbooth!!

HAHAHAHAHA!! :headbang:

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What were the hp/tq numbers before the Roe install?

Did you get the methanol injection kit?

How was the tuning on the card that you received with the kit? Did it require a lot of additional tuning after you go to the dyno?

Thanks in advance,
JB

OP
OP
M

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JohnyB,

I never did dyno before the s/c, but I would guess about 380-390RWHP. The **** kit is part of my stage 2 mod. The tuning with the cards I rec'd was almost perfect. We had to add a tiny amount of fuel in some spots and take away a tiny amount in other spots, but it was really really close

martyb

OP
OP
M

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1/4 mile guys,

Should my car be running a trap speed of just over 128mph with 500RWHP?? Did it on the Gtech last night. Seems a bit high. How accurate are these things?

martyb

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have used the G-Tech at the track before and compared the MPH on the G-Tech to the time slip. The ET's are within .2 but the MPH is off by about 5mph. I would think you would hit 123 with 500 wheel, maybe 124.

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gtech gives you your instantaneous MPH at the end of the 1/4, at the track you are getting an average mph over the last 60 feet. 124-125 sounds good.

OP
OP
M

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

125 was what I was thinking. If it ever cools off around here, I will get it to the track.

martyb

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960