Stainless Exhaust Surrounds - Vendor Name (site)

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cannot recall which vendor sells the CompCoupe-like stainless exhaust surround for the SRT-10. Name would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Alice

pauljkopick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Purchased speaker trim surrounds & air box letters. Letters didnt fit & I never liked the finished look of them. They did send another set of letters & gave me a credit. For what its worth. :usa: :usa:

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but alot of their stuff looks kinda tacky:

You must be registered for see images

I just think Corsa exhaust with some polished tips would look better IMO.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree; much of ViperTrim appears an overkill...bling, bling.

What I was trying to recall is the place that sells the exhaust surrounds (a la comp coupe) that covers all of the black exhaust area, not just a circle around the Corsa tips.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but alot of their stuff looks kinda tacky:

You must be registered for see images

I just think Corsa exhaust with some polished tips would look better IMO.

There’s no doubt some of that “shiny stuff” is overkill and takes away from the look of the car. Nevertheless, when I saw those pics of the stainless splitters, I knew that was a “must-have”. I just think they looked really cool in those pics and would really compliment the shiny wheels most of us have on our cars.

Anyway - I received my stainless-steel splitters from them yesterday and put them on today. I’m normally pretty jaded and not easily impressed but these stainless splitters they sent me are the $hits. I think if they looked any better they’d have to be illegal. The only caveat I have is their finish. The web site says they are 304 stainless but I have to wonder about that. The finish on these splitters is the quality of a mirror. I’ve never seen stainless steel polished to that degree. These splitters are truly “mirror finish”. It almost makes me think that they have some type of chrome finish because I’ve never seen raw stainless steel polished to the point where it looks like a mirror.

Anyway – they look so cool they should be illegal.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree; much of ViperTrim appears an overkill...bling, bling.

What I was trying to recall is the place that sells the exhaust surrounds (a la comp coupe) that covers all of the black exhaust area, not just a circle around the Corsa tips.

Alice-

Zero Altitude Flight also sells exhuast trim rings too.

http://zero-altitude-flight.com/html/thumbnails_212.html

Their items are of excellent quality and they are a pleasure to deal with. Perhaps this is another option to consider.

Dodge use (I am not sure if they still do) to run an ad in the Dupont Registry with a pic of an SRT. The picture did not have the black plastic area around the exhaust pipe; it was body-colored fiberglass. It looked far better than now and makes you think why they have that black plastic anyways. Sure, it might be easier to keep clean, but it is not the most pleasing thing to the eyes.

xanadu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious, but could you not remove the piece from the car, take it to a custom metal fabrication shop and have them replicate it exactly how you wanted it? Even in the exact type of metal quality and finish? I have a friend who works for a metal fab shop here in Jax, and I believe they do stuff like that; one or 2 off pieces, without needing a minimum 20, 50 or 100 piece order like you might think.

Make a few calls around to some local metal fab shops in your area and see what they say. Maybe you could come up with something more unique than anyone else and exactly how you envision it being perfect to your own taste.