Stalling problem

Ag's'95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a '95 RT/10 that periodically stalls when I depress the clutch to come to a stop. Ie. stop signs etc. I have cleaned the AIS housing and replaced the AIS motor which did help but I still get periodic stalls. For example I drove it to work this morning, about 1 hr, and when I got to the office parking lot it stalled a couple of times. I am new to your forum but would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the same problem. Here is what fixed it. Remove air box and clean throttle bodies with a cleaner. Remove Idle Air Control (IAC) be careful not to damage or loose the O ring or the gasket on the engine block and clean the carbon build up inside. Once cleaned reinstall IAC and air box. This should fix your problem.

OP
OP
A

Ag's'95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thank you both for the input. I will clean the throttle bodies as well as synchronize them. Hopefully that will fix it.

jgfurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the same problem. Here is what fixed it. Remove air box and clean throttle bodies with a cleaner. Remove Idle Air Control (IAC) be careful not to damage or loose the O ring or the gasket on the engine block and clean the carbon build up inside. Once cleaned reinstall IAC and air box. This should fix your problem.

When cleaning the IAC, don't move the piston. If you do, the idle will be off and you'll definitely need to disconnect the battery and reset the PCM.

OP
OP
A

Ag's'95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have replaced the IAC and cleaned the body that it sits in, but did not "reset" the PCM or disconnect the battery. The problem did get better but did not go away. Should I go ahead and disconnect the battery? Will this reset the PCM?

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just disconnect your battery for about 1/2 hour. Then reconnect your battery. After some hard driving you should be good to go.

vprtech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have any engine modifications or a lightened flywheel ?

OP
OP
A

Ag's'95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No modifications engine or otherwise. I will make sure everything is clean as well as disconnect the battery tonight.

OP
OP
A

Ag's'95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cleaned throttle bodies, reset PCM and things seem to be much better. Idle is much smoother and no stalling. Thanks to you all for the help.