Steel Grey/cognac/stripes

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A guy I know has a 2000 GTS that is steel grey with cognac interior and has stripes that are only slightly darker than the grey (I'd call them ghost stripes). I went to the Viper registry and thought it would tell me how many of that combination were made. I couldn't find those specifics. Are those stripes factory? How many came in that combination? The stripes don't have an edge you can feel. He bought the car a couple of years ago from the second owner. It originaly came from Missouri. I haven't been able to get him to join the club, but he doesn't even own a computer either.

cobraman484

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were no stripes available if you ordered Steel Gray with the cognac interior. They were only available with a black interior and im pretty sure only with silver stripes. I have a Steel Gray and cognac and love that combination.

OP
OP
O

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, colors really complement each other. I'm still confused as to how many steel grey Vipers had cognac interiors. Any info. would be appreciated. His "ghost stripes" are really something also. You have to be almost "on top of the car" to see them. If I can figure out how to get pictures and put them on, I will.

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, colors really complement each other. I'm still confused as to how many steel grey Vipers had cognac interiors. Any info. would be appreciated. His "ghost stripes" are really something also. You have to be almost "on top of the car" to see them. If I can figure out how to get pictures and put them on, I will.

This is the combo I have. Production numbers for different colors here http://theviperregistry.com/build.php

You must scroll over the 'note' area to see that of the 292 Steel Gray cars, 38 had Cognac. Not so many. Wonder how many are left?

Then on the production features page here http://theviperregistry.com/features.php you'll see this quote:

"2000 Model Year - GTS Optional Silver Center Stripes with Viper Steel Gray"

Yet as noted by Cobraman (and I honestly do not know) this was not available with Cognac.

Last edited:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as others have said. exactly ZERO made in that combo. I like (and nearly purchased in 2001) Cognac with solid red. It hasa very rich feeling. But that interior doesnt wear well. It looks rough, as it gets older.