Steering Coupler

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am trying to remove the intermediate steering shaft so I can figure out how to renew or replace the steering coupler.... anyone do this before? The factory service manual does not have any instruction..... I am at a loss.....

Thanks in advance.

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
It's easiest to unbolt the rack so you have some play there. Otherwise it's pretty straight forward.

OP
OP
M

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it is.... good point that I did not add earlier.

I finally just decided to pull the upper steering column....just four bolts (actually two bolts and two nuts)... that was simple enough, then the intermediate steering shaft came straight out. Now I need to find a new one...looks like the coupler at the steering rack end of the shaft is not "serviceable".... I cannot see how it can come apart and be renewed with new rubber inserts.........

So I am searching, I think VPA has one...... unless anyone has any other ideas. I am surprised no one else has ever had this problem. The rubber insert I guess just deteriorated to where the steering wheel would move 1/4 inch or so either way before the wheels started to turn.......

Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang