stereo and speakers in 94 rt/10

FRANK RT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I need some help finding a good set up for my car without spending big. What size are the speakers in the 94 rt/10? Also can I get away with a high power deck or do I need an amp? any recommendations on decks and speakers? thanks

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not much help, but I know the speakers in a Gen II are all 6.5's. I was told by a number of people to definetly ditch the amp. But just so you don'y waste money you may want to replace speakers first(most use MB's for the doors and a JL sub) and see how that sounds to you.

I found out every audio place obviously has their own brands and feels they are the best out there. So just try and listen to as many brands as you can.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought RED Sony Xplod speakers for my 1993 Viper. Looks cool with the red car.
They are 6,5" with tweeters. You have to "massage" a bit the inner doorpanel, since the old speaker is propably a 6". Just cut a bit and it will fit. You do not have to cut the complete hole.
Tweeters are a direct fit.

Sound? Its Ok, not really enough bass, but it makes enough noise for my taste. For the bass you need to sacrifice the passanger foot area, well, at least part of it. I left the original amps in place. I do like the sound, definately better than the old speakers, mine had 1/2 of the rubber gone anyway..

Try with set of nice speakers, if you are not satisfied, go with sub or amps.

Lauri

DSC00002.JPG

DSC00007.JPG

holdontight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Boston Acoustic pros in the doors sound great but pricy,and in between the seats I have a JL 6WO. It sounds good but no rumbling bass.Also have a JL amp in stock location in trunk.

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used eclipse component sets (tweeter and Midrange in one) in my doors. I left the factory Dodge tweeter in the stock location. The speakers between the seats got JL Audio woofers. This required that the back side of the speaker housing be Fiberglased in, but it appears stock from the front side. I also trashed the stock amp and went with an Alpine V-12 and Alpine radio/cd player. Total cost was for the speakers and installation was $250.00 minus the amp and radio because I already had them. Hope this helps. Here are some pictures of the center woofers.
190interior_test_fit0005-med.jpg

190speaker_logo_1.jpg

flossm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GCH the grills on the woofers,are they custom or aftermarket? Available in GenII yellow? Which eclipse speakers did you use? Looking at Diamond two ways.Why was the fiberglass work needed,still need it on genII? thanks....
driving.gif
driving.gif

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First I painted the grills satin silver to match the MGW goodies in my car, then I had paint masks cut from vinyl for overlays. (requires two per speaker) The overlays were then peeled and the red portion of paint was applied, after that dried the overlay was peeled away and the new one was then "VERY CAREFULLY" placed on top of the red paint. The portion of the paint mask was then peeled away to allow for the black paint to be airbrushed, once it dried the second mask is peeled and the picture reflects the end results. Kind of hard to explain but I hope this helps. It is very time consuming. I will be happy to have a set done for anyone for $50.00 Just mail me you speaker covers. Any color up to three. I am not certain which Eclipse speakers were used, but I do know that they retail for about $220.00 per set and the set is four speakers (components sets) two tweeters and two mid-range. The woofer box has to be air tight for them to fire properly. If the Fiberglas work had not been done, the bass speakers would have sounded as if they were blown (This I know because we tried to get away without the Fiberglas first and it sounded terrible
puke.gif
)Good Luck Chad

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960