Steve Salis cheats

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, what the hell. Why should the 9s guys have all the fun mud slinging? Besides, it's probably the only way to get some excitment going in the Stock Class.

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Well Chuck with all that paint you have scatched off road racing, it could be said that you have cheated by making you car lighter????

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
with all the twin turbo this, supercharger that, and NOS I coulda came down and run my near stocker by myself and had no competition. Its kinda depressing to feel like I'm the only one near stock anymore :(

How many were in the "stock" class anyway?

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, what the hell. Why should the 9s guys have all the fun mud slinging? Besides, it's probably the only way to get some excitment going in the Stock Class.

Steve the Greek is lucky I had to work all night saturday night, overwise I would of put him up on that horse trailer he is dragging around behind the hemi durango.

If your looking for horse mud, steve please hose out the trailer once in a while.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we don need no steeenking mud.........

we could use some decent smilies tho. :D

sorry Chuck, I'm a reformed closet hi-jacker :eek:

V10Nationals.com

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Now this was funny. Good thing I saw it was Chuck that posted it so I knew he was only kidding. :)

Chuck you were the one cheating...remember when I caught you taking off your rear wing in hopes you can go faster? :confused:

Anyway, I had a blast racing everyone and taking first place made even better.

I need to mention that without the coaching and help of Gary Soltys the results would most likely have been different.

By the way, my GEN 1 :eek: is almost stock!! All I have is Bellanger Headers and exhaust and of course smooth tubes and filter. What gave me the edge of course was my rear Kuhmo tires and the help from Gary Soltys.

V-10 Nationals has a class for everyone. I have seen several bone stock viper compete and win in past events and almost every event has at least one rookie that walks away with a trophy. This time was Glen Jordon in the Super Street class AND his clutch was almost gone on Saturday.

So, V-10 Nationals is for EVERYONE with a Viper motor. Attend one event and you will be hooked.

Steve

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeeze, I can't even start any trouble without you guys going off topic.

Damn hijackers.

Chuck, Chuck, Chuck...I watched Chuck at the V10's in Shreveport remove the RED designer Duct Tape covering the rear fender where the battery was installed. He started the car then removed the battery and replaced it with a small nitros bottle. The Nitros was routed thru the battery cables into the engine compartment, then internally through tubes carefully machined into the engine block and then into the throttle bodies. Did anyone at the Flordia Nats check Chuck's TAPE????? :D

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way, my GEN 1 :eek: is almost stock!! All I have is Bellanger Headers and exhaust and of course smooth tubes and filter. What gave me the edge of course was my rear Kuhmo tires and the help from Gary Soltys.

Steve

If I would of known those kuhmo tires you got from me were that good, I would of kept them! Its a good thing you didnt red light, oooohhh! thats right a red light is a redo in central florida? anyone with 20 year NHRA licence knows that. :rolleyes: :D :D :D :D :D

LTHL-GRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my GEN 1 is almost stock!!

Except for headers, exhaust, line lock, tubes & filters, and oh yeah just some little 'ol Kuhmo tires. Too funny...

Like when you go to the islands and all the straw market merchants try to get you into their stores. One of them told us "come on in everything is almost free".

I agree though, the stock class is all about drivers not money. If I can win a trophy with a 12.17, then anybody can. Besides, where else can you race me, Chuck, Jay, or Steve. Talk about smack, the 9'ers have nothing on us...

V10Nationals.com

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I found proof that in fact it was Chuck that tried to cheat.

Just watch the video below and you will see by the smoke at the “exhaust” that he was burning a different type of fuel that it almost knocked me out!

Chuck Babel's "burnout"

Steve

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck you were the one cheating...remember when I caught you taking off your rear wing in hopes you can go faster? :confused:

Steve

In Chucks defense, that was me taking off his wing. I have felt so bad for chuck over the years always coming in 2nd to steve. I had to do what is expected of a friend to do....go that extra mile. I failed. :(

LMAO.

Hey, atleast he broke out of that 12.5 slump.

grats to both.

BluBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

I remember when we were at Gainesville and Gary said your car could not run in the "stock" class BECAUSE your car is not stock. So how can you win the "stock" class. I believe Gary.

V10Nationals.com

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Steve

In Chucks defense, that was me taking off his wing. I have felt so bad for chuck over the years always coming in 2nd to steve. I had to do what is expected of a friend to do....go that extra mile. I failed. :(

LMAO.

Hey, atleast he broke out of that 12.5 slump.

grats to both.

Jayson,

Thanks for the congrats!

I know you had good intentions trying to help Chuck but by removing his wing he lost the extra down force that was helping him get some traction. LOL…Not really but it sounds convincing doesn’t it?

Steve

V10Nationals.com

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

I remember when we were at Gainesville and Gary said your car could not run in the "stock" class BECAUSE your car is not stock. So how can you win the "stock" class. I believe Gary.

Rob,

I think you know the answer to the question.

Gary refers to “stock” for any viper that is SHOWROOM stock with the exception of smooth tubes. No other mods! So, because my car has headers I could not run in the stock class. Not that it mattered to me. I had fun winning twice against Gary in his more powerful 2003 SRT-10 Viper even with only 1+ years of drag racing experience!

For V-10 Nationals, “stock” is the class for any viper motor powered vehicle, Gen1, Gen2, Gen3 & SRT-10 Trucks, that runs 12.00 seconds or slower.

Of course anybody can run on any of the V-10 Nationals classes but if you run faster than the class that you picked you are automatically disqualified and you are completely out of the races. Even if you break out at the finals.

That’s what happened to Lee S. when he run 11.97 in his SRT-10 Truck. He even said he was on his brakes! That truck is obviously very fast! That’s what a little spray and propane will do to your car :headbang:

Steve

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang