STOP! Someone is about to steal my Viper GTS!

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, maybe 'steal' is a little strong.

After 5 years of super fun, very rewarding ownership, and a tremendous amount of help from this forum, I am reluctantly moving out of Viper ownership. At least for now. Over time, you guys and ladies have helped me not panic when my temp gauge pegged: "It's the gauge you dingaling!" And indeed it was.

When I told you I was removing my front fascia to get rid of my wimpy horns, you advised me to check the coolant tank for a sharp screw that could easily puncture it. I did; and corrected the problem before it started.

When I read about the dreaded 'bubbling paint on side sills' (which is only slightly preferred to 'bubbling skin from touching sid sill' issue) I was counseled to get the RT metal cats, and 'vent' the front of the sil. Problem completely solved, and it sounds better too!

Yes, I have many to thank on this board. I had a GREAT time hosting the Viper folks who joined us at the Mopar Museum then drove to my lake house for BBQ and beverages. I had a great time harrassing Jon B, and making friends with him. I'll miss the 'thumbs up' from Viper admirers and owners alike. These are magnetic cars. This board and this club makes ownership even more fun, more rewarding.

So, thanks very much. I hope Ford GT ownership will be as fun as you've made Viper ownership.

In reference to the title of this thread, the car just met reserve on ebay It WILL sell tonight.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...akeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

I look forward to working with the lucky new owner. If you decide to fly in and drive home, I'd love to take you to dinner so we can talk cars and tell lies about same!

Best wishes all!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great post, Sad to hear your selling the Viper, but a Ford GT! :headbang: WOW. Good for you, Great car :1up:

I know theres a couple of guys on here who have FGTs, so why not stick around :)

The new guys always need a bit of help :)

Best wishes and hope all goes well with your sell and new Ride :drive:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like you've done well on eBay with the price its currently seeing. That's not a steal - unless you meant you! Good luck and enjoy the GT

OP
OP
A

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like you've done well on eBay with the price its currently seeing. That's not a steal - unless you meant you! Good luck and enjoy the GT

Oh, the stabbing sensation in my heart! When I posted the car for 'armchair appraisals' on this forum, I got $40-42k all day long. Knowing the car like I do, and what I've invested to keep it as close to turn-key perfect the whole time, even THAT seems low.

And I know I'm beating a future drum in today's economy, but these cars WILL ride an appreciation wave. All the negativity in the world cannot dissuade me from that fervent belief. I've been at this awhile (meaning, "car nut for life" thing) and it has happened with far lesser, under accomplishing, more plentiful and less beautiful cars.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement and here's hoping the first dollars invested after getting this car are in the VCA if not already.

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with the sale. Hope all goes well with the Ebay transaction. Post pics of your FGT when you get it. Love those cars as well!!!

OP
OP
A

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with the sale. Hope all goes well with the Ebay transaction. Post pics of your FGT when you get it. Love those cars as well!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290777734270#ht_1996wt_1169

Thanks for that. The GT may be a short-lived romance, but I've had the hots for one for a while. We shall see, and I'm happy to share. Takes quite a car to de-Viper a person! Always loved the Viper, mainly the GTS. Still a soft spot, still get my thumbs up.

Last edited:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290777734270#ht_1996wt_1169

Thanks for that. The GT may be a short-lived romance, but I've had the hots for one for a while. We shall see, and I'm happy to share. Takes quite a car to de-Viper a person! Always loved the Viper, mainly the GTS. Still a soft spot, still get my thumbs up.

Oh no. A Bama bro is leaving the Viper :(. I also want a Ford GT :2tu:, but can't bring myself to get rid of the Viper. Good luck with the search, post a picture when you find one.

OP
OP
A

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh no. A Bama bro is leaving the Viper :(. I also want a Ford GT :2tu:, but can't bring myself to get rid of the Viper. Good luck with the search, post a picture when you find one.

Well, not so fast. The ebay 'buyer' appears to be another clown in the "I'd like to own your Viper but forgot I didn't have any money" group. Woe is me. Whatever. There are worse things than having to find more parking space. Already bought the GT, should be here end of next week. I'm not going anywhere for a while! It's all good.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, not so fast. The ebay 'buyer' appears to be another clown in the "I'd like to own your Viper but forgot I didn't have any money" group. Woe is me. Whatever. There are worse things than having to find more parking space. Already bought the GT, should be here end of next week. I'm not going anywhere for a while! It's all good.

LOL you sound like me!
That's how I've ended up with two Vettes , multiple Vipers and now a Gallardo and a Viper....and I never even wanted two cars at the same time!
Good luck with the GT.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive bought small things off eBay, but what happens if your highest bidder turns out bad like your did? Do they get Negative feedback? do they have to pay a fine of some sort?
Do you get a free second advert for your car?

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive bought small things off eBay, but what happens if your highest bidder turns out bad like your did? Do they get Negative feedback?

Sellers can't give buyers negative or neutral feedback any more. OP should report the buyer to eBay so at least other sellers may have that indication. http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/sellerprotection.html

E
bay is still really just a unique classified ad and there are not many more safeguards than a craigslist ad where you get an email from someone that says I will buy your _____, hold it until tomorrow.

I think eBay will waive part of the fee for a relisting if it meets some criteria.

OP
OP
A

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ebay is now decidedly 'slanted' toward the buyer side, dismissing feedback from sellers accordingly. My one-word assessment: hate. Like many of you, I've little time for time wasters, yet those with intention, whim, and a happy 'bidding' finger seem to have an abundance. Yes, a joke, in a macro-cosm of heliguy25's comment. Those who waste time and drag you into their version of mind-numbing idiocy, make me want to buy an island and endless supply of stun guns.

But honestly...

Things happen for a reason. The right person will eventually own this car (NONE of us are owners by the way; just temporary caretakers, regardless of what the title says). But the right 'caretaker' will be the right person at the right time for the right car. And that's fine by me. Clearly, the ebay version of buyer nor the parade of pretenders hasn't been it! All's well.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autotrader.com is the best way to sell a car. Their site is easy to navigate and buyers can set alerts when cars they are interested in come on the market. Cars.com is also a good site.

OP
OP
A

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autotrader.com is the best way to sell a car. Their site is easy to navigate and buyers can set alerts when cars they are interested in come on the market. Cars.com is also a good site.

Thanks for that. I wrote the ad for AutoTrader, got the pics loaded, was about to hit submit and rethought it. I can only do one car thing at a time, so am waiting on GT delivery, gonna sort what that car may or may not need, then refocus on my next move. Really appreciate the input, and am encouraged to hear those sites have done well. I may move some other toys around to make room.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte