Strange sighting

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drove my car to work today, left to go home early. What is the one car you would not expect to see drving down the road along with you? Yes, it was another Viper. I have seen just 3 Vipers over the years while driving, they are not common around here. Yes, I seen more at shows ect, but never driving down the road. Just an odd occurance I guess. Although it was a GEN III.

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw 2 others last Friday. That was definitely a strange occurrence. I have had my car almost 10 years, and have only seen another Viper while driving mine about 10 times.

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coincidentally, I checked my rearview mirror on my way to work on this drizzly morning and there was a silver Viper behind me. Two big fish randomly so close together in the big ocean. It was pretty cool.

JDR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Late one night I pulled up along side another viper at a red light.

They were staring straight ahead, so I hit the horn... and the passenger ignored me!

So I laid on the horn! ...and the driver looked around the passenger to see what was up (and saw that I was a Viper too). They rolled down the window and started apologizing that they were tired of the attention they had been getting all day...

Turns out it was Mommy's car! The daughter was taking the boyfriend (snobby passenger) out for a run. Go figure.

All the other times, even when I'm NOT in my Viper, fellow owners are quite open to saying hi. I guess being they weren't owners it does count!

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If this were on corvette forum the title would change to
"strange sighting, I did NOT see a corvette for over 2 blocks"

Nothing against vettes'. however, my two daughters and I play a game called "how many vettes between home and walmart". this is a total of 4 miles and the number is usually around 5-9. Which does not include the 20 parked on the FORD used car lot.

To topic, there are quite a few vipers in clearwater/tampa area and I can usually see about 1 a week.

PSilverGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw a yellow with black strips Easter night driving thru Delaware back to NJ in my Viper. He was two lanes over in the fast lane, I was about to get on the bridge. I don't think he notice because of how fast he was driving. It is funny because when I see a Viper, only twice so far since Dec. on the road, I think, "Wow look at that Viper!" even though I'm in one. There is a dealer I drive by going to work that is R/W '02 GTS. Its been there since last fall and is on ebay all the time. Seeing that GTS made me look harder for one and get rid of my six month '00 Prowler that was much more affordable. BTW, the dealer wanted $64K for that Viper, I guess that's why it still for sale.

Dv8tor

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had my snake about a month and saw only one other Viper while driving mine. We both gave the thumbs up as we passed in opposite directions.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
94RT10Ohio, just drive south to Findlay, the home of several Vipers. Ohio VCA president lives there also.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it's the area you guys live in? Hell, the other day I drove mine to the Gold's Gym in Stuart, FL, and there was a red SRT-10, and a blue/white GTS in the parking lot....and of course my 2000 RT/10. And about 2 miles away, there was a yellow GTS for sale at a car dealer.

EDIT: And on this past Sunday, I was driving in Jacksonville and saw a red Gen 1 RT/10 and a black SRT-10 within the span of my like 15 minute drive to get a sandwich.