Stripe Decision...

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George;

It is kind of like that first Eleanor pic you posted but the center strip is a little thinner, there is more space between that and the side stripes. The size of the side stripes are correct for the most part but that is the general idea.

Stripes are a very interesting science as there is a perfect width for every car, at some point they just have the correct width, etc. Too thin and they look weak, to wide and they overbear.

If that is a look you might go for, the widths are easy to determine. Just get out some painters tape or something that goes on easy and then pulls off easy with no residue, then start putting them on the car. When you get to the pojnt, you like the widths, etc. measure and map them out. Then the painter has his plan laid out for him and you get what you want.

Remember this is just a suggestion and a thought.

BTW That second picture of the Cobra is just sick. Wow! Sportin' wood after looking at that.

I could easily get some black and blue painters tape as they seem to make it in every color these days. Great idea. :D

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news is that you can own that Cobra, and a few more like it. You can also park them all in your house.

Sure looks like a diecast model to me !

Matt

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you are missing an opportunity here. You are accenting an older model to look custom when you have a chance to upgrade all the way and make it look like a 2010. Gen 4 hood, some 6 spokes and these stripes and you are rolling in a Gen 4 clone. Black or Graphite would look stunning, paint the rear black as well as all striped SRTs come that way new.

large_02.jpg

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have to disagree with you lee. paul making his Gen III look like a 2010 clone kinda defeats the purpose of customizing or personalizing his viper, plus there is alot more cost involved with buying a new hood, wheels, and stripes. besides, i think most people will agree that there are better ways to do stripes than what is found on the 2010 viper. he also mentioned he wants to do the stripes in vinyl, and i would be very suprised if anyone could do 2010 stripes in vinyl.

Flying Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know the dimentions (width, spacing ect) on the 2010 stripes. I have an 06 and thinking of vinyl stripes. thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather