stripe paint code

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the paint code for the stripes the same as the car codes? I have an 08 black(PX3) with graphite stripes. The paint code for graphite is PDR. I purchased two cans of Mopar touch up paint, 04889703AA(PDR) for a project I'm working on and the paint is darker than the stripes on my car. The stripes are factory oem dual graphite. The cap on the paint can says Viper Graphite Metallic (PDR).
Is it darker becuase it is made in smaller batches or ???? If I get it painted at an autobody/paint shop, will their PDR paint be a better or perfect match than the spray cans from Mopar?

Also found another code for graphite, AU107ZDR. What is this on?

Thanks,
Murray

OP
OP
V

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good thing I wasn't asking for CPR...I'd be DEAD!!!:lmao:

Oh well, I think I found that the ZDR code is a little darker graphite than PDR.

boy wonder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Murray,
I have a 09 and have spent 2 weeks trying to get a paint code for my silver. I have spent hours on the phone and hours at the dealer(s).
Mine is PS2 4889427ab.
Apparently Its just to hard for Chrysler to put the paint codes in the vin or on the car. I wonder if this is an example of why they went down?.
I bet it turns out to be your color also. Its used across the line as a stripe color apparently.

Good Luck,

Robin
:)