Striping for silver 2003 SRT-10 - Questions

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I just bought a very nice '03 silver Viper from Roanoke Motors. (Thanks John) However, I think it needs a little "pizzaz" and I am thinking of some vinyl striping. I do not want to paint them on in case I want to change them or take them off in the future.

Has anyone put on their own stripes? I have heard with patience it can be done by a novice.

What color would look good on a silver convertible?

Has anyone used a stripe kit from BMC Extreme Customs? (They have a kit on eBay right now).

Who else carries good stripes I could buy and install?

Does anyone have any pics of what they did along with where they got the kit?

Can you clear-bra over the tape stripes?

Any input is appreciated. I just want to dress up the car a bit. Thanks. :drive::drive::drive:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 on the graphite stripes.
A subtle and classy look.
GTS blue would make a good second choice.

supraking85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
right, they can be done by a novice in a day (including cleaning as the paint work wont see the light of day for a long time)

i had one on my current car (in process of taking it off) not a viper sorry so i wont dissapoint people by posting pics.

advise is take your time, and do not cut it anywhere. as it will shrink abit over time. also add some extras as you dont want them to shrink at each end and show abit of paint.

i had a black one and in the three years i have ahd it on it has faded very badly so now looks grey

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got graphite metallic stripes on mine and love it! I would shy away form the "pre-cut" kits I have seen because they don't roll the edges of all of the corners. I had mine custom cut/installed by a vinyl graphics guy I use for work all the time. Here are some pics of mine. http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/636864-some-new-pics.html
Sorry they're not close-ups, but I liked the background as well. I would take some more, but the car is in the shop and I'm out the country.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my stripes done at the local vinyl shop. They were gunmetal metallic to match my spokes.

You must be registered for see images attach

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
any head on shots of that car..and did you sell that car to get the black coupe..simply stunning

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The graphite looks real classy--probably too classy for me!!! :D I'm wondering if anyone has pictures of any different colors--especially blue--or really anything.

Is there anyone good at Photoshop take would be willing to help me and take the car pic from the front and change the stripe color to a few different colors and post the pics? :):):)

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
any head on shots of that car..and did you sell that car to get the black coupe..simply stunning

I spent a ton of time and money to make the car the way I wanted it then like a dang fool I priced her on the forum and sold it in a matter of hours. ANd from the day the car left I was on the hunt for another Gen3 to fill the void. And after buying an 06 vert and my dad totaling that one before I ever even got to see it in person I finally ended up with what I wanted all along an 06 coupe. Oh and stay tuned cause the modding on the coupe has just begun:2tu:

Actually I almost went with light blue stripes on this car. I think that would have been a kick butt combo. But will need the right wheels to pull it off:2tu:

Heres best head on shots I have:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how much did the place charge you for the stripe job..looks very nice

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about dark red or maroon stripes?

That would look good I think. I have seen read and dark red cars with silver stripes, so why not a silver car with red or maroon stripes? I think even a purple would look good!!! Whatever it is, I think it needs a lot of metallic in it because the silver color on the car does.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang