stuck in the same install again :(

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, another hour and 40 bucks worth of crows feet sockets, the pos stock shifter wont come out. *** is holding it in there, im so pissed. im ready to replace the whole f-ing shifter, who makes a good one?

OP
OP
P

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you doing the removal from the top or the bottom? Are you pulling out the whole unit or just as pictured? I would remove the whole unit and replace it with a B&M ripper, oh wait I did! I think it's better than the stock shifter.

RSNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recently had Finish Line Dodge install my B&M Shifter while they had my car to put on my exhaust. They did the install from the bottom so they did not have to drill out the rivets from the top.

I like this shifter MUCH better than the stock one. I had them put the stock handle back on and it now sit about 1" lower than before. The feel is very solid, not rubbery like the stock one at all. It is a shorter throw, though requires more force. I can find gears easier too. Also the centering springs that hold the lever between 3rd and 4th in the neutral position are a lot stronger and make it easier to go from 2nd to 3rd.

Highly recommened.

OP
OP
P

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i now have a detert shifter mod for sale for 15 bucks shipped. im calling mgw in the am and getting a knob shipped asap. im not going to keep assembling and dis assembling the center console of my car.

going in from top

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a stupid FYI. I recently had a MGW shifter. I was just out at circuit city the other day and they had a carbon fiber shifter ( in the car stereo section) that is about another 1-2" SHORTER than that. I bought it and it fits perfect and looks nice too.. :laugh:

Gerald

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just muscle it off. Its hard to take off but stick a crecent wrench around the botton and give it heck. You wont break anything. If you can get a breaker bar around the crescent wrench that will help with the torque.

The ripper is a good shifter but if you are having problems with this dont go the B&M route. It is a pain to install.

good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas