Subwoofer removal.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no worry about it getting mashed at all. Would look pretty damn stupid with the passenger slid all the way up to the dash though....

So it was more because of your sub choice than anything?? I was just curious if there was a reason you can't put a sub back there. There is plenty of shallow mount designs that really shouldn't have an effect on the seat travel if you build the box correctly. That's going to be my plan once I can do an install, so I'm just rounding up information.

F

FrgMstr

So it was more because of your sub choice than anything?? I was just curious if there was a reason you can't put a sub back there. There is plenty of shallow mount designs that really shouldn't have an effect on the seat travel if you build the box correctly. That's going to be my plan once I can do an install, so I'm just rounding up information.

We had problems getting a shallow mount woofer in the middle console.

I really would like to see and hear your install once you get it done behind the passenger seat. We never considered that possible with the space back there. More power to you bro! Take lots of pics as I want to see that pulled off successfully.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had problems getting a shallow mount woofer in the middle console.

I really would like to see and hear your install once you get it done behind the passenger seat. We never considered that possible with the space back there. More power to you bro! Take lots of pics as I want to see that pulled off successfully.

Like I said, still gathering info to see what will work. I'll definitely post it here once I figure out what I am doing. Boston Acoustic makes an amazing sounding shallow mount that needs not much air space, so I assume that's the sub route I will go with. I have had plenty of previous vehicles that have all had some pretty wild sound systems, I've just never had to deal with the space restrictions of something like the Viper before. Should be a fun project.

F

FrgMstr

Like I said, still gathering info to see what will work. I'll definitely post it here once I figure out what I am doing. Boston Acoustic makes an amazing sounding shallow mount that needs not much air space, so I assume that's the sub route I will go with. I have had plenty of previous vehicles that have all had some pretty wild sound systems, I've just never had to deal with the space restrictions of something like the Viper before. Should be a fun project.

This is what the owner of Earmark had to say....

This Viper sounds great. After doing installs in several Viper convertibles I will say that this one sounds the best of all that I've heard. We did experiment with the subs quite a bit, and Kyle was very patient with us as we tried to do the impossible (make a sub between the seats sound as good as a sub in the footwell), and while we couldn't do the impossible we did end up with a LOUD and CLEAN sounding system that stays very articulate and punchy even with the top down and the loud side pipes.

I'd say that a Viper convertible is possibly the worst/hardest environment to get a great sounding stereo in, because it's a loud car, it's ******* and it has absolutely no room anywhere to put components. I'm very happy with the way this one turned out.

As he said, the center sub was a lot of effort for not much "subwoofer" punch but with the 5 channel amp running the 2-ohm components high pass, the 8" center sub as a midbass driver, and the 8W3 as a pure subwoofer, after some tweaking crossover points and gains on the different speakers it ended up sounding better than you can get with just door speakers and a sub. That 8" midbass really fills out the sound, especially with rock music at high volumes.

Great sound in a great looking, and unique/rare color beautiful car.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya I really like the idea you've done with the center as a Mid-bass. I'm just hoping to find a better mount location for the sub, not too keen on putting it in the footwell.

F

FrgMstr

Here is a shot of it from the driver's side. Will give you some points you could measure from to show you the actual size in your car, should you ever want to. :D

You must be registered for see images

F

FrgMstr

Got the full box in the garage, speaker and all. You pay shipping, it is yours. Gotta pass it along. :D Good Karma.

F

FrgMstr

Yeah, I do have the whole thing in my garage, just replaced mine with a custom system.

Came out of my 2008 SRT10 Convertible. If you want it, PM me with your UPS shipping address and I will drop it in ground service free of charge. :D The cone has a tiny ding on it, happened while it was sitting in the garage and the wife put a yoga ball on top of it, but it should be just fine.

If you don't want the speaker, let me know and I will take it out and save a few bucks on shipping weight.

F

FrgMstr

How did you know I needed a box for my SRT? :2tu: I really could use one if you have a spare!

Hey bro! Never heard from you on this. Damn thing has been sitting on my desk for a week now. Let me know if you want it, otherwise I am going to pack it into storage. Thanks! Hell, I will ship it to you ground for free. Pay it forward!

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey bro! Never heard from you on this. Damn thing has been sitting on my desk for a week now. Let me know if you want it, otherwise I am going to pack it into storage. Thanks! Hell, I will ship it to you ground for free. Pay it forward!

PM sent. Im interested.

F

FrgMstr

Doug pinged me back and since he had dibs.....Got to be someone else around here with a spare one as well. Maybe post an ad?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine