Suggestions on Viper Charger...

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd like one that goes through the cigarette lighter so I put less strain on the hood. Any suggestions/links on one's you're happy with would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again!

Mark

ViperVon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use a Battery Tender and have a pigtail that is accessible through the side vent so I don't have to open and close the hood every time.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The reason that I open the hood after I drive, is to release the heat of the engine. I just hook up the pig tails and then use a small box, covered with felt, about 6" X 4" X 2" to block open the hood and release the hot air. Works like a charm!

MacManInfi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you guys are hooking up the tenders to what, the power wire under the hood and a ground? Just wondering. I have a tender pigtail, but doesn't fit directly to the battery, so I haven't hooked it up. Another place would be ideal.

LiquoRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little double back tape.

100_1789.JPG

ViperVon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you guys are hooking up the tenders to what, the power wire under the hood and a ground? Just wondering. I have a tender pigtail, but doesn't fit directly to the battery, so I haven't hooked it up. Another place would be ideal.
That's where I hooked mine up at and it's accessible from the side vent.:2tu:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A Battery tender could be hardwired to you cig lighter as easily as to your Hot Power Control Module supply. You could mount your tender under your dash, inside the console (behind the ebrake assy) and lengthening your 110v plug so that could be placed anywhere in or outside the car you wanted.

The power wire of the cig lighter isn't very big so I wouldn't recommend wiring anything but a small amp trickle charger or Battery Tender to it.

Ted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang