Sun Ra Kat: aka Kenny

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations to Kenny for his showing at Columbus last weekend. Not only did Kenny drive back and forth to Dayton on Friday night, with the help and guidance of Bobby Loder, Kenny kept bringing his time down and MPH up over the weekend and won at least one round in his bracket. Kenny is doing great for a newbee at the strip. Keep going Kenny!

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like Kenny is learning the tricks of putting the power into the 1/4 mile run(it is not as easy as it looks)..... stay with it Kenny!!!! :headbang:

It also looked like he has bounced back quite well after the divorce too.

Congrats on both :2tu:

Cudaman :usa:

S

SUN RA KAT

Thanks guys! That was the first time this year that I did drag racing and the first time ever that I did autocrossing. I did some limited drag racing last year, but very limited. I consider my Viper a street Viper, so I drove it to the track from my home and also drove it home from the track. At the track I drove it with the full 29 pounds of air pressure that I drive it on the street with. I know I could cut several tenths off of my times by lowering my air pressure, but I'm just wanting to learn my Viper the way I drive it on the street. So, I run in the low to mid 12's with a Roe Supercharger. It's a big challenge to put down all the power the Roe has on street tires at street PSI. [']]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] my new cat just stepped on the keyboard, and that is what she typed. Meanwhile, I learned and re-learned a lot of drag racing techniques in just one weekend. I have lots more to learn and, with youse guys' help I eventually will be a good drag racer. On my last race, I had a quicker ET and higher MPH than the eventual class winner, David Boggs, but he had more than 1/2 second better reaction time than me. I congratulated him for his win and told him since he beat me that he had to win all of the rest of his races, which he did. I was very happy with my final run even though I lost because my reaction time and my driving were better than any run previous. (Look out next year, David!)

Everyone is a Class Act at these events helping each other. Special thanks to my Viper Tech, Bobby Loder, who told me how to drive more aggressively.

My girlfriend, Nancie, had a great time as well. I have really bounced back from my divorce earlier this year and I can't imagine anyone better for me than Nancie. I'm still good friends with my ex-wife and I thank her for giving me the chance to find Nancie.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Kenny, bring that THING over here to Putnam Park this weekend...VIPER DAYS...they'll teach your Viper to make turns :laugh: :laugh: ...it's only a few miles west of Indy...who knows, MAYBE I can talk them into giving you a "Buckeye" discount !!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

S

SUN RA KAT

Kenny, bring that THING over here to Putnam Park this weekend...VIPER DAYS...they'll teach your Viper to make turns :laugh: :laugh: ...it's only a few miles west of Indy...who knows, MAYBE I can talk them into giving you a "Buckeye" discount !!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Steve - When I had my seats lowered 2" and tilted back so I could barely fit in it with my racing helmet, there was no room left for a roll bar (less than 1/2" space between the back of my seats and the gas tank and not enough head room to wear a helmet if I don't have the seats tilted all the way back). :p Tom Sessions won't let me pass Tech Inspection without a rollbar. :( I may see you there Sunday, though - my girlfriend wants to go see the Vipers run and so do I.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Kenny, here are the directions to Putnam Park:

Putnam Park is located in Mt. Meridian, Ind. From Indy, take I 70 WEST to Exit 41, then follow Ind. 231 NORTH 5 miles to US 40, then turn EAST on US 40 and travel about 3 miles to Mt Meridian. As you enter this town, there is a brown sign pointing the way to the Road Course)...turn SOUTH on 550E, and travel about 1 mile to this jewel of a road course. The concession stand will be in operation.

BRING THE CINCI CROWD with you !!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS