Suspension

Rock Chalk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where can I find a Delrin Bushing Kit 94 RT/10? And what are a good set of shocks and springs. I dont need an elaborate setup. Unless of course someone would like to get me a set for Christmas. :laugh:

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had Archer racing in Minnesota install there bushings into the 8 upper and lower A Arms. Wasn't cheap! I sent them to him last winter to install in the arms. These are greaseable ones. They worked real well. Every track that I was timed at I cut off more than a second at minimum. During the rainy One Lap of America this year we did have to stop and get a grease gun to quiet down the squeaking down. Did not feel a significant change in road vibration going to these from the rubber stock ones unlike I was told to expect..

DMC94

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I have a full front/rear Delrin set for a 94 from Northwind that I didn't install. Let me know if you're interested. :usa:

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are going to go through the costly expense of a bushing change, why bother with Delrin? The best thing is a spherical bearing set up! While aligning the car you will still have trouble acquiring an aggressive track alignment. With Delrin the suspension will still experience some binding. My $0.02, not really worth it!

If you want suspension for a low price, get the Koni ACR set up off a 99 ACR Viper.

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adelberg,

Does the 99 ACR setup contain different bushings over GTS?
If they dont, I'm not sure I understand your last sentence in your post, when the discussion has been on the bushings...

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased the bushing set from NorthWind for my 95, had nothing but problems. My upper A-Arms were colapsing. Had lots of aligment issues and very bad tire wear. I informed them of this sent pictures and various emails back & forth. Nothing was ever resolved. So i contacted the Dr. Woodhouse, he helped take care of my problem.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased the bushing set from NorthWind for my 95, had nothing but problems. My upper A-Arms were colapsing. Had lots of aligment issues and very bad tire wear. I informed them of this sent pictures and various emails back & forth. Nothing was ever resolved. So i contacted the Dr. Woodhouse, he helped take care of my problem.

What did he do to fix your problem?

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 99 had the same rubber bushings as all the years. Delrin is a, pardon the expression, mickey mouse way to relieve the binding of the control arm at its pivot point. Delrin may relieve some, but still will bind when you try to adjust caster and I think also toe. In addition, the control arm is really not able to move freely. Best spherical bearing package is done by Erik Messely at EMI. Yes, Erik was the "Chassis Engineer" for Paul Mumford's thrashing on the World Challenge field.

I mentioned 99 ACR Vipers as a cheap suspension upgrade. The 99 ACR had the best Koni shock and spring set up. The external reservoir on the newer set up was not as good.

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
There have been significant improvements in the Delrin bushins marketed to Viper owners. The original set I purchased in 1997 were not greasable and did not have steel sleeves inside. They eventually wore out and would not hold an alignment after 2 race seasons.

Greasable Delrin bushings with steel sleeves inside are a substantial improvement over the factory rubber bushings. They free up the movement of your control arms and are worth the investment if you are serious about reducing lap times.

If you have an unlimited bidget and want to spend 3 or 4 times as much on materials and installation, spherical bushings such as those that come on the Comp Coupe are superior because they have less "stiction" than the Delrin. They may wear out quicker than Delrin.

Kenny, I've owned both a 99 and a 01 ACR. I find the newer Dynamic shocks with external reservoir and the stiffer spring set up to be far superior from a performance standpoint and much easier to adjust, with a wider range of adjustments, than the older Koni/soft spring set up. The ACR has the same bushings that come in a GTS.

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whats the difference between the 99 and 00 Koni setup? I assume nothing....

btw, the "soft spring setup" is 400bs F, 750 Rear, correct?

RalphieViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where could i buy the greasable delrin bushinggs?

Roe has only the ungreasable ones.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dr. Woodhouse suggested that i put different upper A-Arms on. I put Gen 2 with spherical bushings.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Delrin bushings can 'move' and cause a knock?! Under braking I can almost feel through the frame and hear a knock / clunk; I've double checked all my allignments (toe did need resetting) but knock still there, could it be the Delrins moving??

Will spherical's (...way to go) hold up to much road use, if so will be top of the Christmas list!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang