SVS heading to the Maxton Monster Mile

ZX12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a stock viper does not do 175 mph in 1 mile. 165 mph is the best a gen 2 viper gts can do. by the time vipers get to 261 mph in the mile busas will be doin at least 280 mph

Sorry, my bad...

Isn't this car/bike competition great? Makes all vehicles faster in the long run...

futureacrowner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I should have clarified, by HP is proportional to HP I meant in that even with out a substantial decrease in et. (in drag racing) higher HP cars will trap faster.

And no it's not easy to run 240, but with the HP available it's just a matter of time. Many people thought 220 was nuts but SVS did it a pump gas HP. Do you not think it would have gone at least 10mph faster with another 400+ hp? And yes seeing is this was the first mile race they have done in a number of years it was pretty much a shakedown. That and the one high boost ran they made the trans blew 5th gear. So no doubt it would gone a good bit faster at 1500hp over 1200.

Why haven't others gone after it, no telling. I've yet to see a 1200+ hp anything go after a street tires standing mile class, that could be why. But I hear [******] is planning a big standing mile event and calling out the other fast guys (heffner, UGR, and such) so I can say with utmost certainty (and i'm sure SVS will agree) the 220 number won't stand long.

And the 2 cars I was talking about have both been posted about on this site already, both being vipers. How fast would a 2k hp viper run on a set of slicks, much better suspension, and a trans that won't explode once it goes into an OD gear. We'll all find out soon enough.

hehe, don't worry about who I am, there is some point to having an inconspicious name ;)

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whether another Viper runs faster soon or not is one thing - but it's hard to imagine anyone else's Viper sounding better than the SVS RSTT...

The 1 mile roads used limit things quite a bit. When we ran over 200mph (1/4 mile) in a 3000lb car, the 1/8 speed was well over 170mph. Jr - imagine if you could get that kind of traction on a 1 mile event!!! Your end speeds would be insane.

It must be frustrating having to pedal it until you can really get into it - but few people seem to appreciate what a great driving effort it took to pull off that 219mph! Check out those shifts guys! That's on a T56 under severe strain - I'm impressed.

219mph is a stand out speed for the roads and tires used - make no mistake. The car weighed over 4500lbs also. Dropping under 4000lbs will make the tires safer as well as give a lot better power per weight.

I don't see SVS getting beaten (by a non SVS Viper) anytime soon until Paolo's beast is ready to take it on. Then it'll be an interesting battle of the speedsters. I think Paolo will have the power advantage, but will that be enough to overcome the experience of SVS?

BTW - My (rough) calculations put the SVS motor somewhere near 750hp on all motor no boost - I do not think anyone else has a TT Viper that would run close to that at this time. That engine is a sweetie!

261mph is still a pipe dream in a stock bodied car and will require a very good surface - which rules out a highway event as a highway needs a camber to run off water. A 2 lane highway would get awful narrow at 260mph anyway. Getting the power to run 261mph is the easy part.

When the promod racecar pulled a wheelie at 200mph thru the traps you understand that USING the hp requires far more science than making it....

yip - we slacked off on the clutch setting and gave it a little less downforce after that.... lol but it made for an awesome photoshoot

:2tu:

ZX12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I should have clarified, by HP is proportional to HP I meant in that even with out a substantial decrease in et. (in drag racing) higher HP cars will trap faster.

And no it's not easy to run 240, but with the HP available it's just a matter of time. Many people thought 220 was nuts but SVS did it a pump gas HP. Do you not think it would have gone at least 10mph faster with another 400+ hp? And yes seeing is this was the first mile race they have done in a number of years it was pretty much a shakedown. That and the one high boost ran they made the trans blew 5th gear. So no doubt it would gone a good bit faster at 1500hp over 1200.

Why haven't others gone after it, no telling. I've yet to see a 1200+ hp anything go after a street tires standing mile class, that could be why. But I hear [******] is planning a big standing mile event and calling out the other fast guys (heffner, UGR, and such) so I can say with utmost certainty (and i'm sure SVS will agree) the 220 number won't stand long.

And the 2 cars I was talking about have both been posted about on this site already, both being vipers. How fast would a 2k hp viper run on a set of slicks, much better suspension, and a trans that won't explode once it goes into an OD gear. We'll all find out soon enough.

hehe, don't worry about who I am, there is some point to having an inconspicious name ;)

It sounds like this will be a great season of mile racing! I like this more than quarter mile drag racing. I'm not sure how much faster the SVS car would've gone with 400 more horsepower; I guess it depends on the tires and gearing. They just might answer that question for us when they run at El Mirage...