SVS heading to the Maxton Monster Mile

ZX12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a stock viper does not do 175 mph in 1 mile. 165 mph is the best a gen 2 viper gts can do. by the time vipers get to 261 mph in the mile busas will be doin at least 280 mph

Sorry, my bad...

Isn't this car/bike competition great? Makes all vehicles faster in the long run...

futureacrowner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I should have clarified, by HP is proportional to HP I meant in that even with out a substantial decrease in et. (in drag racing) higher HP cars will trap faster.

And no it's not easy to run 240, but with the HP available it's just a matter of time. Many people thought 220 was nuts but SVS did it a pump gas HP. Do you not think it would have gone at least 10mph faster with another 400+ hp? And yes seeing is this was the first mile race they have done in a number of years it was pretty much a shakedown. That and the one high boost ran they made the trans blew 5th gear. So no doubt it would gone a good bit faster at 1500hp over 1200.

Why haven't others gone after it, no telling. I've yet to see a 1200+ hp anything go after a street tires standing mile class, that could be why. But I hear [******] is planning a big standing mile event and calling out the other fast guys (heffner, UGR, and such) so I can say with utmost certainty (and i'm sure SVS will agree) the 220 number won't stand long.

And the 2 cars I was talking about have both been posted about on this site already, both being vipers. How fast would a 2k hp viper run on a set of slicks, much better suspension, and a trans that won't explode once it goes into an OD gear. We'll all find out soon enough.

hehe, don't worry about who I am, there is some point to having an inconspicious name ;)

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whether another Viper runs faster soon or not is one thing - but it's hard to imagine anyone else's Viper sounding better than the SVS RSTT...

The 1 mile roads used limit things quite a bit. When we ran over 200mph (1/4 mile) in a 3000lb car, the 1/8 speed was well over 170mph. Jr - imagine if you could get that kind of traction on a 1 mile event!!! Your end speeds would be insane.

It must be frustrating having to pedal it until you can really get into it - but few people seem to appreciate what a great driving effort it took to pull off that 219mph! Check out those shifts guys! That's on a T56 under severe strain - I'm impressed.

219mph is a stand out speed for the roads and tires used - make no mistake. The car weighed over 4500lbs also. Dropping under 4000lbs will make the tires safer as well as give a lot better power per weight.

I don't see SVS getting beaten (by a non SVS Viper) anytime soon until Paolo's beast is ready to take it on. Then it'll be an interesting battle of the speedsters. I think Paolo will have the power advantage, but will that be enough to overcome the experience of SVS?

BTW - My (rough) calculations put the SVS motor somewhere near 750hp on all motor no boost - I do not think anyone else has a TT Viper that would run close to that at this time. That engine is a sweetie!

261mph is still a pipe dream in a stock bodied car and will require a very good surface - which rules out a highway event as a highway needs a camber to run off water. A 2 lane highway would get awful narrow at 260mph anyway. Getting the power to run 261mph is the easy part.

When the promod racecar pulled a wheelie at 200mph thru the traps you understand that USING the hp requires far more science than making it....

yip - we slacked off on the clutch setting and gave it a little less downforce after that.... lol but it made for an awesome photoshoot

:2tu:

ZX12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I should have clarified, by HP is proportional to HP I meant in that even with out a substantial decrease in et. (in drag racing) higher HP cars will trap faster.

And no it's not easy to run 240, but with the HP available it's just a matter of time. Many people thought 220 was nuts but SVS did it a pump gas HP. Do you not think it would have gone at least 10mph faster with another 400+ hp? And yes seeing is this was the first mile race they have done in a number of years it was pretty much a shakedown. That and the one high boost ran they made the trans blew 5th gear. So no doubt it would gone a good bit faster at 1500hp over 1200.

Why haven't others gone after it, no telling. I've yet to see a 1200+ hp anything go after a street tires standing mile class, that could be why. But I hear [******] is planning a big standing mile event and calling out the other fast guys (heffner, UGR, and such) so I can say with utmost certainty (and i'm sure SVS will agree) the 220 number won't stand long.

And the 2 cars I was talking about have both been posted about on this site already, both being vipers. How fast would a 2k hp viper run on a set of slicks, much better suspension, and a trans that won't explode once it goes into an OD gear. We'll all find out soon enough.

hehe, don't worry about who I am, there is some point to having an inconspicious name ;)

It sounds like this will be a great season of mile racing! I like this more than quarter mile drag racing. I'm not sure how much faster the SVS car would've gone with 400 more horsepower; I guess it depends on the tires and gearing. They just might answer that question for us when they run at El Mirage...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang