Tail of the Dragon '09

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll have to get in on the planning committee for 2010. :(

I took off of work for May 28 through Jun 2 for this event. I reminded Beth this week about the Dragon Run. She reminded ME about our Cincinnati trip on May 30. :doh2:

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I took off of work for May 28 through Jun 2 for this event. I reminded Beth this week about the Dragon Run. She reminded ME about our Cincinnati trip on May 30. :doh2:

You can still do the Dragon with us on Friday, be home by 8:00, leave for OH Sat. morn(boy, that must be one important commitment in OH :D). Don't you want to see Cobra R double the mileage on his FE ACR??? :D:drive:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was trying to get to the event but my schedule today changed and wont let me make it work.....dang !

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are they closing Cincinnati on May 31st? Did I miss that newsflash? As my dad used to tell me on roadtrips when I would bug him with "are we there yet?", Florida (replace FL with "Cincinnati") will still be there when we get there!

Sinister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, we've booked our reservation ~ Thur - Sun. Looking forward to the cruise!

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I just canceled my reservations. Hard to go to a Viper cruise without a Viper:(. You all have a good time and please think of me:)

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can still do the Dragon with us on Friday, be home by 8:00, leave for OH Sat. morn(boy, that must be one important commitment in OH :D). Don't you want to see Cobra R double the mileage on his FE ACR??? :D:drive:

Beth's B-Day is on the 31st. I guess she and Wyatt could go up alone. LOL

We've already pushed back a 2 week "vacation" to the inlaws. The original date would've been during Tony's cookout. That was easy to do since we are staying at the inlaws. I booked a non-refundable room on hotels.com for our Cincy trip. The only way we miss the trip is if someone is hospitalized. LOL

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beth's B-Day is on the 31st. I guess she and Wyatt could go up alone. LOL

We've already pushed back a 2 week "vacation" to the inlaws. The original date would've been during Tony's cookout. That was easy to do since we are staying at the inlaws. I booked a non-refundable room on hotels.com for our Cincy trip. The only way we miss the trip is if someone is hospitalized. LOL

If everyone chips in $5, that should cover your deposit. Chip likes to pad the #'s on these trips anyway so it looks cooler to say on the website. I'm sure he'd be in for $50 :lmao: Count me in for $5. :) OR, send Tony in your place! You get to go and he doesn't. Sounds like 2 birds with 1 stone to me :D

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If everyone chips in $5, that should cover your deposit. Chip likes to pad the #'s on these trips anyway so it looks cooler to say on the website. I'm sure he'd be in for $50 :lmao: Count me in for $5. :) OR, send Tony in your place! You get to go and he doesn't. Sounds like 2 birds with 1 stone to me :D

Deposit? There was no room deposit. I paid for 3 nights up front. MUCH cheaper than the normal rate. Besides, with Tony there, you won't care who all else is at the event any way. :D

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must be some kinda fancy hotel. One that doesn't allow changes 4 weeks in advance!! :omg:

Yes, count me in for $50. I'll show $500 in the check registry, so that will put me $450 closer to the TT's (just don't tell anybody) :D

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must be some kinda fancy hotel. One that doesn't allow changes 4 weeks in advance!! :omg:

Yes, count me in for $50. I'll show $500 in the check registry, so that will put me $450 closer to the TT's (just don't tell anybody) :D

It was either $169/night(refundable) or $89/night(non-refundable). Guess which rate I chose? :D I'll be ordering those engine mounts soon. :)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deposit? There was no room deposit. I paid for 3 nights up front. MUCH cheaper than the normal rate. Besides, with Tony there, you won't care who all else is at the event any way. :D

I come up with a way so Chip can inflate his #'s, get closer to his TT dream, you can go on the trip and Tony can't go, thus a win-win-win-win and this is the abuse I receive. No wonder you're wanted by the cops :rolaugh:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, after talking to several Viper guys from different states trying to convince them to make the trip, one of them got me thinking. I know I had said I wanted to bring the 2008, but remembering the commotion of us running thru Gatlinburg last year, I was thinking that maybe I should just bring the 99. It's loud and obnoxious and would sound badass going thru that little town!!! What do y'all think???

:confused:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, after talking to several Viper guys from different states trying to convince them to make the trip, one of them got me thinking. I know I had said I wanted to bring the 2008, but remembering the commotion of us running thru Gatlinburg last year, I was thinking that maybe I should just bring the 99. It's loud and obnoxious and would sound badass going thru that little town!!! What do y'all think???

Quote from the sidewalk ..... "How did that blue S2000 get mixed in with all those cool Vipers ?? :lmao:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do realize that this is the Al/Tn section...you know...my "new" club :D It is not the Ga. section !!

You stalk me all over the website, this is just payback :D

Quote from the sidewalk ..... "How did that blue S2000 get mixed in with all those cool Vipers ?? :lmao:

As much as I try to never agree with Tonya, I'm on the same page with It (I will refer to Tonya as "it" for now on :D ). Take the loud obnoxious one :headbang:

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You still have time to put some Ballengers on there? :2tu: I want to see the blue personly. I have not seen that color in person yet.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't be able to get anything done up on the 2008. I am still trying to figure out how I am going to make the Mopar computer install happen. It needs to be done by a dealer to "sync" the computer or something, and I don't have one around here I would trust to put air in my tires :eek:

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't be able to get anything done up on the 2008. I am still trying to figure out how I am going to make the Mopar computer install happen. It needs to be done by a dealer to "sync" the computer or something, and I don't have one around here I would trust to put air in my tires :eek:

What about Whitehead? Isn't Willie Mae a certified Viper Tech?? :D

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not sure who "Willie Mae" is, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :eek:

She was some lady in a commercial I saw there the last time I was in New Brockton. You're supposed to ask for her or something when you stop by.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So anyone up north going to this meet that I might be able to hook up with for the drive down? Just putting some feelers out there?

TCurtner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being a new one on the block so-to-speak, I'd rather throw gas on this fire than water (as y'all are a hoot), but alas, I must speak the somber truth. Those Z's on our planned weekend will number in the many hundreds (some with 1200 HP for real) and will be like seadoos behind a cruiser (fleas on a dog, flies on a horse's rear...etc), besides the regular and ridiculous weekend traffic. I live in Knoxville, and have attempted to do the Dragon weekly since getting a viper (on my second now, in less than three months - NO I didn't hurt my first one, just like new). There are many alternative routes to run here and still end up on the Dragon coming back towards Maryville. Lots of nice stretch -your -legs roads, if you catch the implications. I would be happy to discuss with Chip, er xcuse me, uvbnbit in case we need some alternative fun/safe/rowdy/u-nameit routes. Cherohala, 360, 95/72 for starters. I also am friends with David of us129photos, and bet that he'd be game to take many pics of us.
Just FYI, and not to be aerodynamically dragging here...I will now obey the newbie silence rule and turn off my ignition.