Tail of the Dragon '09

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey TCurtner,
get up with Matt(GTSNRT10). He is very local to you. Maybe you guys can map out a good course :2tu:

Unfortunately, there's not a lot we can do about the Z's (or any other club that's there). But I know we'll turn more heads than any other club-that's for sure!!:2tu:
Traffic is not a concern. (sometimes that can be a good thing). I agree on other scenic routes back to PF. I think GTSNRT10 is already working on that.

"T", glad to see you're on the forum!

Itinerary coming soon......

TCurtner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there's not a lot we can do about the Z's (or any other club that's there). But I know we'll turn more heads than any other club-that's for sure!!:2tu:
Traffic is not a concern. (sometimes that can be a good thing). I agree on other scenic routes back to PF. I think GTSNRT10 is already working on that.

"T", glad to see you're on the forum!

Itinerary coming soon......

Understood. Again, being a new member, I'm not yet sensitive to the general needs/wants of VCA members. I may be a little to the left (right?) of the third deviation from normal on the Viper ownership bell curve anyway...:dunno:
I still wanna meet everyone at this Dragon getaway - will show up, participate and BEHAVE - promise.:2tu:

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Understood. Again, being a new member, I'm not yet sensitive to the general needs/wants of VCA members. I may be a little to the left (right?) of the third deviation from normal on the Viper ownership bell curve anyway...:dunno:
I still wanna meet everyone at this Dragon getaway - will show up, participate and BEHAVE - promise.:2tu:

Sounds like you'll fit right in! :D
Also, there'll be NO BEHAVING allowed :lmao:

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must've just missed that law-breaking, disrespectful, perp. At least you got a shot of his disobedience. Maybe we can run a check on those tire tracks to catch this criminal :D

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Misbehavior............:D I dont even know how to spell it right:lmao:

Those tracks look a little bit small for a Viper. Must have been the car getting out of the way and pulling off to the side.:dunno:

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So do we have an Itenerary yet? :poke: :D

No. :D Should have it ready this week :dunno:

I do know this: We'll be meeting at ******* Barrel, K'ville I-40 exit 369(?) Friday morn. at 10:30 for lunch/breakfast, leaving at noon to drive down the Dragon to meet GA club, 3:30ish back up the Dragon to host Hotel in PF, dinner 7:00ish,
Sat. Mtn cruise to Clingmans Dome, Sat eve: dinner in Gatlinburg, Stars Cars Museum afterward, yada yada yada:rolaugh:
Well, maybe I do have an itinerary afterall???? :lmao:

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. :D Should have it ready this week :dunno:

I do know this: We'll be meeting at ******* Barrel, K'ville I-40 exit 369(?) Friday morn. at 10:30 for lunch/breakfast, leaving at noon to drive down the Dragon to meet GA club, 3:30ish back up the Dragon to host Hotel in PF, dinner 7:00ish,
Sat. Mtn cruise to Clingmans Dome, Sat eve: dinner in Gatlinburg, Stars Cars Museum afterward, yada yada yada:rolaugh:
Well, maybe I do have an itinerary afterall???? :lmao:

Uhhh yea I think you got it! :2tu: Thats all the info that I needed!!

Have you heard of anyone from up north coming down? Say in the Ohio Indiana or even perhaps the Kentucky area? Just looking for a viper or two to meet up with for the drive down?

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do I need to call my people's and setup lunch on Sunday? :D

[media]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/v10speedluvr/P6080139.jpg[/media]

Yes. If you think you can be in charge of that. You have been to a ******* before, right? I don't want you to be suprised :D
Uhhh yea I think you got it! :2tu: Thats all the info that I needed!!

Have you heard of anyone from up north coming down? Say in the Ohio Indiana or even perhaps the Kentucky area? Just looking for a viper or two to meet up with for the drive down?

Exact times/info will follow later. Not heard yet on Northern participants yet. If you come down 65 you can hook up with us, but I think you're coming down 75?

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I will be coming straight down 75south. I plan to break my current record of cincinncti to Gatlingurb in less then 3.5 hours. I trailered the Viper last year and dropped it off with Matt. This year I am driving it down so beating my current record that I put down in a Nissan Maxima many years ago shouldn't be too hard. Construction may be an issue but well see?

TCurtner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Misbehavior............:D I dont even know how to spell it right:lmao:

Those tracks look a little bit small for a Viper. Must have been the car getting out of the way and pulling off to the side.:dunno:

Good Eye there Shandon - I think that I'm in a club with some depth, FINALLY! Those twins were laid down about a year ago in my '91 ZR1 (many mods, 470+HP). However, I have learned to BEHAVE even better since then, now that I have a monster snake to teach me manners!!:drive:

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you'll fit right in! :D
Also, there'll be NO BEHAVING allowed :lmao:

Wasn't there some idiot who fled the scene from an illegal act at a gas station last year? Seems like it was a member here. Bubba Jr and his dad called Johnny Law.

I guess it fits in with the "NO BEHAVING" theme..... :D

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't there some idiot who fled the scene from an illegal act at a gas station last year? Seems like it was a member here. Bubba Jr and his dad called Johnny Law.

Do tell I must have missed the info on this one????:eater:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. If you think you can be in charge of that. You have been to a ******* before, right? I don't want you to be suprised :D

Here's how my past few days have been:

Thursday night: ******* bikini contest
Friday night: ******* bikini contest
Saturday morning: ******* carshow
Saturday evening: run in ******* to buy giftcard for someone
Today: Meet GA-VCA guy at ******* for lunch and to return 08' ACR keys ( :( )

Obviously I'm not going as often as I'd like, so having lunch there that Sunday will hopefully get me back in the groove :lmao:

I think that was the Tony Armour BBQ. I kinda remember who the cop was that found your...I mean the suspect's Viper at the hotel :rolaugh: All I remember from the Dragon trip last year was a 3am walk to Hardees for burgers while I missed out on Senate confirmation hearings on C-Span because I had to babysit a few badapples in the group :nono: and there was some blonde chick at the hotel who I dated for a total of 20 mins (and 1 Viper ride) until I saw her in the lobby later that night w/her boyfriend :omg: That was one of the longer and more meaningful relationships I've been in :lmao:

Last edited:

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha yes yes I do remember the blonde girl. I thought you had it in the bag... Maybe better luck this time...

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that was the Tony Armour BBQ.

It was. The point is that I don't think we ever behave at any event. Well, the Christmas party went pretty well, besides me trying not to laugh at our waiter because I could not understand the guy. I thought he was trying to be funny. :rolaugh:

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya'll are lying. Every event I've been to in the last 5 yrs has been nothing but uneventful and boring. Ya'll are making that stuff up (except for the part about the Senate hearings):D: :headbang: :headbang: :naughty::boozer::boozer::boozer:

TCurtner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya'll are lying. Every event I've been to in the last 5 yrs has been nothing but uneventful and boring. Ya'll are making that stuff up (except for the part about the Senate hearings):D: :headbang: :headbang: :naughty::boozer::boozer::boozer:

You'll be proud of this Newbie. I BEHAVED QUITE WELL yesterday afternoon/evening, as I reversed the trend on the Dragon - you know, the one where the crotch rockets pass the cars? Well, there was a reversal of roles yesterday, when I was suggesting to them via a very hungry snake on their rear tires, to move over.:drive: Which they did with obvious confusion and dismay.:mad::(:crazy2: When several then tried to catch me, I simply slid/drifted more, and used max accel out of turns to make their attempts moot. They gave up somewhere - probably the Calderwood overlook, as by Tabcat, I noticed that no one was following. BEHAVING has never been so rewarding!:cool::2tu::headbang:
You sure that you want to associate with such a boring BEHAVER?

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone getting in on Thursday Evening before the Event? I'm going to come down then I believe instead of getting up at the "butt crack of dawn" to drive down friday? Just thinking maybe there might be a Viper brother or sister wanting to hammer a few brewskies to get things started????

Any takers:beer:

TCurtner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone getting in on Thursday Evening before the Event? I'm going to come down then I believe instead of getting up at the "butt crack of dawn" to drive down friday? Just thinking maybe there might be a Viper brother or sister wanting to hammer a few brewskies to get things started????

Any takers:beer:

Well, I'd do the brewskie (or two) if you'd do the Dragon with me earlier - 5:30p to 6:00p is a GREAT time to start down there - back by 8:30ish...yours (and/or others) call?...;)

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if I have my viper by then I would be up for coming a day early. Hell I'm only 1 1/2hrs away!

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I'd do the brewskie (or two) if you'd do the Dragon with me earlier - 5:30p to 6:00p is a GREAT time to start down there - back by 8:30ish...yours (and/or others) call?...;)

Im not sure I could get into town by that time. I get out of work Thursday around 2:30 and pick my son from school then drop him off and head on down. Im thinking ill get into town probably about 7:00-7:30. I would love to do the dragon twice!! Especially if it wasn't crouded but im afraid I couldn't be down early enough?
Could meet for some beers though?:dunno:

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope its not in the shop, I needed some cash to start up my new business so I sold my last RT/10. Now I'm in the market and WILL buy another one before the meet. So I'm looking at one right now in TX that I might pick up next week if I can get the price right.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice well I hope that goes through for you!! Were you at the meet last year? If you can make it (thursday) that would be great!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4