Taking Orders on Twin Supercharger System

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DKM:
Dan,

Do you got pics of the kit?? I'd like to see what it looks like in the car.

thanks,

dave

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DKM,

check the below links for pictures.. it looks really good..
http://www.vipershop.com/Supercharger_Preview.htm

Dan,

is that 700 hp at the wheels or crank? will this kit put out that much power on the crappy CA 91 octane with out any bandaids?

looks great!!

- eddie -

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
[Serious] Okay, I'm missing something here. What is the point of having twin SCs? I remember reading that TT is designed to have a small turbo for low RPM and a big turbo for high RPM (or vise-versa.) Does the same principal apply to SCs? [/serious]

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,

Great to see a well designed system out there. I bet this one wont need to have the final R&D done with the customer.

I don't here any pinging...
nono.gif

VEETENN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bonkers:
[Serious] Okay, I'm missing something here. What is the point of having twin SCs? I remember reading that TT is designed to have a small turbo for low RPM and a big turbo for high RPM (or vise-versa.) Does the same principal apply to SCs? [/serious]

I asked this question earlier the following is Dan's reply:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We chose the dual system for several reasons. This system will
provide boost sooner and with less surge. This allows more low rpm power and is easier to tune. Being that each blower is working half as hard as one, parasitic loss is not much more than a single blower. With two superchargers we will have more than enough cfm to
support over 1000hp if the customer desires. Other features of this system are a new patented blower design, unique tensioning system, return fuel system and a laptop programmable fuel and timing controller. We plan to emission certify our stage 1 DIY kit.

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by K Adelberg:
Dan,

Great to see a well designed system out there. I bet this one wont need to have the final R&D done with the customer.

I don't here any pinging...
nono.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you could take a few more thinly-disguised shots at Sean Roe, that would be great.
shake.gif

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The kit looks great. What do you charge to install the kit? I assume that it pretty much kills any factory warranty, do you offer a warranty with the system?

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I've noticed with very little research/homework is that this kit is very attainable when compared to the other aftermarket tuners. So cheers to anyone who MAKES the effort. After the posting of a Dyno graph, this should make things clearer.

Cheers to the Aftermarket,

Jay K.

OP
OP
E

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MadMaxx:
I say again..

Will Gen1 cars be supported?

MM

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i doubt it... i'm pretty sure that the gen one cars are usually not supported for these new supercharger systems because of the different location of the alternator... that would mean twice the fabrication of brackets etc and twice the outlay of capital for the initial investment..

- eddie -

Reaction score
Heres a few pictures of the kit off of Dan's site!!
You must be registered for see images

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Great to see a well designed system out there. I bet this one wont need to have the final R&D done with the customer.

I don't here any pinging...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All hail the one person in the United States who has managed to develop an axe to grind with Sean Roe! He must be quite a man indeed. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, however wrong it may be. But when you conveniently leave out your alleged problems with Sean and your negative opinion of his suspension as you continue to try to unload the parts on someone else, I'd say that speaks volumes about your character.

Bibliography:
http://vca1.viperclub.org/cgi-bin/ubb-cgi/postdisplay.cgi?forum=Forum14&topic=014704
http://vca1.viperclub.org/cgi-bin/ubb-cgi/postdisplay.cgi?forum=Forum14&topic=013269
http://vca1.viperclub.org/cgi-bin/ubb-cgi/postdisplay.cgi?forum=Forum14&topic=013248
http://vca1.viperclub.org/cgi-bin/ubb-cgi/postdisplay.cgi?forum=Forum14&topic=013467

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gave this kit a really thorough lookover at VOI, unfortunately didn't get a drive Dan
nono.gif
but I was sufficiently impressed to place my order, very nicely engineered with a lot of attention paid to the fuel system and ignition. I believe I am numero uno on the order list.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
doubt it... i'm pretty sure that the gen one cars are usually not supported for these new supercharger systems because of the different location of the alternator... that would mean twice the fabrication of brackets etc and twice the outlay of capital for the initial investment..
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Eddie is correct. I talk to Dan about the Gen I possibility at VOI., not good. We, the Gen I generation, are left out in the cold again.

Mike

CoryMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bonkers:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not all TT systems work this way. You are talking about sequential twin turbos, but true twin turbo systems, like the 300ZX TT have one turbo for each cylinder bank.

OP
OP
E

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm just giving an educated guess since i have never seen a twin supercharger set up before, but i think its because 2 smaller superchargers do not have to work as hard to compress the air as one supercharger, which means that the air will not be heated as much, and will allow the car to run a bit more boost before detonation occurs..

because of the cooler air in the intake, the twin system can run more boost on pump gas than a single system.. if my theory is correct, this type of set up would be pointless on most cars, but perfectly suited for the viper since an extra 2 psi can create an extra 30 hp...

also, the big dawgs (supra, 300zx, VR4) run twin turbos, not sequential turbos... i cant even think of anything off hand still using sequential turbos..

- eddie -

Halnasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eddie N:
i'm just giving an educated guess since i have never seen a twin supercharger set up before, but i think its because 2 smaller superchargers do not have to work as hard to compress the air as one supercharger, which means that the air will not be heated as much, and will allow the car to run a bit more boost before detonation occurs..

because of the cooler air in the intake, the twin system can run more boost on pump gas than a single system.. if my theory is correct, this type of set up would be pointless on most cars, but perfectly suited for the viper since an extra 2 psi can create an extra 30 hp...

also, the big dawgs (supra, 300zx, VR4) run twin turbos, not sequential turbos... i cant even think of anything off hand still using sequential turbos..

- eddie -

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is my car in the pictures above, as well as at VOI.
The twin supercharger setup uses standard size superchargers.

I met Sean Roe at the Justin Bell driving school where he was one of the instructors. I have driven his car, (pre-supercharger)
I'm a customer, and I'm familiar with his reputation. He's a great guy. I really have no insight and therefore no opinion (of any value) on his supercharger.

That being said, CRAGINS' SUPERCHARGER ROCKS!!
Dan spent well over a year developing this system. It was up and running months ago, but he wasn't satisfied yet, so I had to wait
crying.gif
I can definetly say it was worth the wait. I seriously cannot believe how much difference it made. Yesterday I was out driving, and decided to practice 2nd gear pulls without spinning the tires. Our closed track here in LA is very popular, and the corner workers are flag happy, so you don't get too much practice time. On the final attempt, I was able to control tire spin all the way up to 70 M.P.H., but then they broke loose.
This thing screams.
Any thinking about upgrading should check this out. If your near Rolling Hills, let me know. I'd be happy to show you.

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Fred:

I'm glad to hear that you are happy with the new setup. Anything that Dan has had his hand in, has always had the best quality standards.

I can't wait to get a ride in it.

Dan, just out of curiosity do you have any plans for an intercooler? Do the folks that own creampuffs need any kind of tweaks to your system?

Thanks for the feedback and best of luck to you.

Brad

VEETENN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fred,

Does your factory clutch hold the extra power or did you have to upgrade to a stronger clutch (which one)?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FRED, SO. CAL:
That being said, CRAGINS' SUPERCHARGER ROCKS!!
Dan spent well over a year developing this system. It was up and running months ago, but he wasn't satisfied yet, so I had to wait
crying.gif
I can definetly say it was worth the wait. I seriously cannot believe how much difference it made. Yesterday I was out driving, and decided to practice 2nd gear pulls without spinning the tires. Our closed track here in LA is very popular, and the corner workers are flag happy, so you don't get too much practice time. On the final attempt, I was able to control tire spin all the way up to 70 M.P.H., but then they broke loose.
This thing screams.
Any thinking about upgrading should check this out. If your near Rolling Hills, let me know. I'd be happy to show you.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Halnasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brad/Viper-Fan:
Fred,

Does your factory clutch hold the extra power or did you have to upgrade to a stronger clutch (which one)?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the factory clutch.
I believe I've read on this board that the stock clutch is good to about 900 H.P.

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>

"The key points to this kit are easy serviceability, unlimited upgradeability and ability to pass state mandated tailpipe emissions."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dan, Does this kit carry a California E. O. number making it smog legal in California?

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a little lost here, if you guys can explain..Why is horse power less then SR's sc sysytem, rather than with daul SC???

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony the dual s/c makes more power from Dan's post. It makes 617rwhp with 91 oct. On 93 you can easily pick up 10rwhp, making it ~625rwhp on a stock engine ??? If that is without any headers, rockers, exaust.... then that is an awesome setup :eek:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
&lt;BLOCKQUOTE&gt;&lt;font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial"&gt;quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;HR&gt;Originally posted by Bonkers:&lt;BR&gt;&lt;B&gt;[Serious] Okay, I'm missing something here. What is the point of having twin SCs? I remember reading that TT is designed to have a small turbo for low RPM and a big turbo for high RPM (or vise-versa.) Does the same principal apply to SCs? [/serious]&lt;P&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;HR&gt;&lt;/BLOCKQUOTE&gt;&lt;P&gt;i'm just giving an educated guess since i have never seen a twin supercharger set up before, but i think its because 2 smaller superchargers do not have to work as hard to compress the air as one supercharger, which means that the air will not be heated as much, and will allow the car to run a bit more boost before detonation occurs.. &lt;P&gt;because of the cooler air in the intake, the twin system can run more boost on pump gas than a single system.. if my theory is correct, this type of set up would be pointless on most cars, but perfectly suited for the viper since an extra 2 psi can create an extra 30 hp...&lt;P&gt;also, the big dawgs (supra, 300zx, VR4) run twin turbos, not sequential turbos... i cant even think of anything off hand still using sequential turbos..&lt;P&gt;- eddie -&lt;BR&gt;&lt;P&gt;

I thought the Supra came factory with sequential twin turbos? Im pretty positive about that...Anyway impressive looking system Dan :eek:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is pretty old but since someone resurrected it. Has anyone purchased and installed a system and how is it working? How does it compare to the other systems out there? I like the idea of DYI but it seems like with 2 SC it should put out more HP than the others.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to mention it was old, so people didn't see it and think "wow new SC kit!" :)

But I agree - what's the status? Any happy users out there? I assume this is a different thing than the Paxton kit Dan was working with Paxon on... is the Paxton kit "entry level" and this one is higher end? Or does the Paxton kit supersede this one?

I can see where 2 SC's would be nice. I bet you can size the SC's so they are really nice and progressive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang