Exit 24 - Immediately after toll
NYS Thruway Truck Parking Area
10:00 AM

tatortoga_truck_stop_2.jpg

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, 10am it is...if we know if this is still going on...please let us know for sure? See ya at the truck stop! ~juli
***Weather is actually same as predicted for LAST year...showers/60's...but we all know the weather got better***

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone departing from CT? Would like to arrange a caravan with the CT members if anyone is interested.

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone departing from CT? Would like to arrange a caravan with the CT members if anyone is interested.

I'm going, maybe I can follow the trailer. :drive:Did you go last year and do you know the way? I'm leaving from Derby, suggestions on a meeting point and time? :eater:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weather so far still to be showers and 65 in Saratoga Springs for Sunday...guess we shall see??? REMEMBER last year!!! (Rained in morning, cleared up, and was HOT for the show actually~~the WIZARD had predicted GOOD weather, and as usual, he was correct!) ~juli
***KEEP us posted????***

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going, maybe I can follow the trailer. :drive:Did you go last year and do you know the way? I'm leaving from Derby, suggestions on a meeting point and time? :eater:

LOL...no trailer hitch this weekend. I didn't go last year but I have a GPS and its an easy drive up. I was hoping we'd get more Vipers from CT. Black Mamba: you going or what?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL...no trailer hitch this weekend. I didn't go last year but I have a GPS and its an easy drive up. I was hoping we'd get more Vipers from CT. Black Mamba: you going or what?

Hi Tony!~! We are planning on meeting Keith & Crystal at dinner Sat. evening, they are staying up in Queensbury...not to speak for them, but that was the plan last I knew! Same with Chuck, if he's still gonna be there. ~juli
(It's VERY easy, and we have a meeting spot at 10am off thruway exit 24!)

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure where in CT you guys are driving from, but if you'd like you can meet us on the NYS Thruway immediately after Rte 84. A few guys did that last year.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure where in CT you guys are driving from, but if you'd like you can meet us on the NYS Thruway immediately after Rte 84. A few guys did that last year.

I know Black Mamba is in and hopefully Bluequadcab. I would love to caravan up with the NY crew. Scott: That spot is between Exit 17 and 18 on 87 right? Is there a rest stop there?

Last edited:

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Black Mamba is in and hopefully Bluequadcab. I would love to caravan up with the NY crew. Scott: That spot is between Exit 17 and 18 on 87 right? Is there a rest stop there?

I'm in with ViperTony and Black Mamba. Any more CT Vipers out there??:question:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OH, I thought we were meeting Keith & Crystal tonite for dinner with Chuck??? Guess he changed his mind~~~I will PM him, thanx Tony! Looking forward to seeing you again, and meeting all the others!~!
~juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TODAY so far is GORGEOUS....sunny and warming up. Forecast for tomorrow...POSSIBILITY of showers and SUN...60's. Keeping fingers crossed!!! WHO is going to the dinner tonite? ~juli
(We plan to drive up, it's not that far for us, after work)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Scott: We're going to meet up with you guys at the Plattekill Travel Plaza between Exit 17 and 18 on I87. Hopefully this is the spot you're speaking of. We should be there by 9am. If that time doesn't work, let me know.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott: We're going to meet up with you guys at the Plattekill Travel Plaza between Exit 17 and 18 on I87. Hopefully this is the spot you're speaking of. We should be there by 9am. If that time doesn't work, let me know.
Last time the guys just hung out on the soulder of the thruway immediately after the entrance ramp from I84. I'm not sure there's going to be a stop at the rest area you mentioned. If you do stop there, I'd suggest you hang out by the end of the rest area to make sure to see the Vipers passing by. You can always catch up.

I've run into some family issues today that may prohibit me from leaving early enough to make the trip. Regardless, if all else fails, make sure to exit the thruway at exit 24 and pull into the truck stop to meet the others.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last time the guys just hung out on the soulder of the thruway immediately after the entrance ramp from I84. I'm not sure there's going to be a stop at the rest area you mentioned. If you do stop there, I'd suggest you hang out by the end of the rest area to make sure to see the Vipers passing by. You can always catch up.
I've run into some family issues today that may prohibit me from leaving early enough to make the trip. Regardless, if all else fails, make sure to exit the thruway at exit 24 and pull into the truck stop to meet the others.

Yep, we are back from dinner with Chuck/Jeff Torrey and others, VERY nice dinner at the Logjam in Queensbury. Posted on the other site, I guess...lol...still thought there was only ONE thread about all this...we will meet everyone at 10am off Exit 24 Truck Stop tomorrow morning...yes, we hit some rain tonite, but sprinkles...not much, but yeah, car is a mess again...! SEE YA ALL TOMORROW~~~~10am....Exit 24....juli
Scott: Hope all goes well and you're able to come.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK, we'll be hanging out on the shoulder. Hope all is well with the family.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sunday a.m....SUNNY!!!! Says showers maybe later, high 62...same as last year, it got HOT and sunny.
WONderful time last night at the dinner w/Chuck and friends....see you all in a little bit!~~~juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, turnout was not too bad, all things considered...weather got colder and rainy as we were there...people started leaving early...we DID have a winner...a STOCK Viper (I do NOT recall the name, I'm VERY sorry!~!)....juli

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back and no Juli, no 'equipment' issues at all on the ride home. I'm waiting for Black Mamba to post pics of this morning's infamous event. :D Crystal got nervous when the trooper told all three of us to get out of our cars...she started recording it. :) I definitely need to get that 'broken speedometer' fixed this week.

We had a blast driving up this morning and even though we missed the rendezvous with NY we had some interesting events that made up for the caravan. Jimmy, Keith, Crystal it was a blast driving up together. Keith your Viper is sweet and an absolute monster. Jimmy, nice Viper...your car must run on air alone because Keith & I fueled twice today and I think you barely put anything in your Viper.

It was a decent turnout. Where was everybody??? I think we had half the number of Vipers there as compared to last year. Glad to see Chuck there and thanks Chuck for hosting this one today. We had many visitors come check out the Viper pit, no doubt, the Viper pit attracted lots of attention this year.

All of the Viper looked great! It was a pleasure meeting you all today and hopefully everyone had an uneventful ride home.

Last edited:

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back and no Juli, no 'equipment' issues at all on the ride home. I'm waiting for Black Mamba to post pics of this morning's infamous event. :D Crystal got nervous when the trooper told all three of us to get out of our cars...she started recording it. :) I definitely need to get that 'broken speedometer' fixed this week.

We had a blast driving up this morning and even though we missed the rendezvous with NY we had some interesting events that made up for the caravan. Jimmy, Keith, Crystal it was a blast driving up together. Keith your Viper is sweet and an absolute monster. Jimmy, nice Viper...your car must run on air alone because Keith & I fueled twice today and I think you barely put anything in your Viper.

It was a decent turnout. Where was everybody??? I think we had half the number of Vipers there as compared to last year. Glad to see Chuck there and thanks Chuck for hosting this one today. We had many visitors come check out the Viper pit, no doubt, the Viper pit attracted lots of attention this year.

All of the Viper looked great! It was a pleasure meeting you all today and hopefully everyone had an uneventful ride home.

Hi, I'm home also. I will write more after I wash all the bugs off my car!:mad: It was great meeting and riding up with Tony, Keith, and Crystal! :headbang: Not so nice meeting New Yorks finest. lol :omg: Nice to meet you Juli and Mike and all the other great viper people, nice to talk to Chuck again. Um, I have pictures I'll upload later, but I only know how to get them into my gallery and haven't exactly figured out how to get them into here. I'm sure one or more of my new viper friends will let me know how.;) Hey Tony and Keith, your cars sound awesome when you open it up and pass by! Many thanks to Chuck, the one and only wizard!:headbang:

Jimmy

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow,Julie, you're quick w/ those pics. I'll also try and download mine tomorrow. It was great meeting all of you. Thanks, Chuck, it was a good get-away.:2tu:

~Craig

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOVE it...the pic with the cop ahead~~! Glad you guys didn't get worse! I forgot to THANK CHUCK for having us up for dinner Sat. evening, and the TatorToga event...we enjoyed seeing you again, and the others as well~~~juli

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly did you wind up with....regarding your equipment citation? Did it all come don't only to equipment?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21