TCRA @ California Speedway... congrats JD :)

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I hear our own John Dearing (SspeedRacer) place 3rd in is first "wheel to wheel" race event... Congratulations John!
smile.gif
. Sorry I missed all the fun and wasn't there to root you on... actually, I'm sorry I missed all the trophy girls
wink.gif

More importantly, thanks for beating Don Dicker in his GT3 with your somewhat stock GTS. Now I can put my Porsche buddies in their place
supergrin.gif

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there, it was awesome. What a piece of driving!!!! He gridded 6th turning a best time in qualifying of 1:57.xx. ALL the top 10 gridded cars were full blown race cars, no streeters. John mosies up in his basicly stock '02 GTS with Hoosiers and proceeds to pick em off one by one until he got 3rd, while turning 1:55.xx laps The 1st & 2nd cars were pretty much untouchable, both were factory sponsored Vision Porsches, probably cost like $300,000 a piece. Nice going John (you're just lucky they wouldn't let me race :LOL
smile.gif

OP
OP
S

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCal Rebell:
Nice going John (you're just lucky they wouldn't let me race :LOL
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooohhhhh... is that some smack talk I hear
laugh.gif

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron my friend I will see you on Friday!!! WAR SOUP KITCHEN!!! Better bring your big Horsepower
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

All kidding aside... I just want to thank all of my friends old and new for supporting me and Ken A in the race event. Bernard and Kathy,(and a special Thanks to Bernard who came to my rescue when I noticed that I did not have a gas cap!! So he took his off his car so I could race!! God i love Viper Owners!!)
Gary and Bobo, Tom Nolen, Ken Haney, Ron Wasserman(Slowcal), Lance( who is an up and coming newcomer to the Viper Racing world..watch out for this guy) Dan from West Coast Vipers who took the time out to help me replace brake pads on my car) and my son Johnathan(14) and his 2 buddies Johnathan B and Jerime who were my awesome little pit crew!!! And to David a special thanks coming from I believe both Ken and myself...this guy was right there helping us out in everyway, what ever we needed. And about 15 other people that came out and supported us.

Oh and GOD Bless the TROPHY GIRLS!! That's something everyone who races should experience first hand at your first race!!!better for the win!!!
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

Its a day I will never forget.

I guess now I have to take off the Rookie X on my car.

Luc where are you???? You need to call me check your e-mail!!!

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your on the money there!!! When I started the quailfying race on
Saturday I think all those cars + some hot GT3 cup cars where all in front of me. I was like a porsche smoke screen!!

OT Challenge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, John! I bet you even took the car duster to that bad boy before you laid the wood. Hayashi said you were epic.

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No duster for me....someone stole them!!!!

Brian I don't know about being "Epic" but I was trying to be smooth as possible and fast..funny thing was I had no fear out running with these guys.

Now if Doug H had not have broke then I know I would not have taken 3rd. He was running real well in his NSX. Then while racing in the qualifying race he broke and he was running times of 1.54.?? My best time on track during the final race was a 1.55.041. I think I averaged around 1.56 per lap during the race.

I will post a picture of me with the TROPHY GIRLS. See if I can make PMUM jealous!!!!
laugh.gif

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John was truly on FIRE! Even though the Porsche guys had been to the track, John got them his first time there and during his first race! My hat's off to you!

Don't let it go to your head. If I ever get rid of my Roe Racing suspension, you'll never get another chance. Well, I guess getting hit by Steve Westlund's Viper caused a little concentration lapse.

Yeah the two Vision Porsches were nuts! 2100 lbs with wings and it all. A stock Viper with Hoosiers can only go so fast...

John, don't forget how well your Stop Tech Brakes worked! I think you now have brakes that work.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
John Dearing is an unusual character, to say the least. Glad to know ya, John. Congrats!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog